Tandoori dishes became very famous today so everyone has tasted it from outside. Its popularity is increasing day by day because it is that much tasty and highly demanded item. Tandoor dishes considered as healthy dishes because it contains less oil. Today I made the Tandoori Chicken with Coconut pieces. Usually we are using the grilled dishes from outside and it will be available in different taste, colour and smell. It is looking attractive because of its colours and normally they are using Red colour to make Tandoori dishes. But we can make it natural and healthy from our houses very easily. Here, i used only natural and traditional ingredients to make this tasty dish but taste is amazing and it is also looking very attractive. You can use it as the side dish with Chapati, Bread, Appam and hot plain Rice. It has the mixed flavour and smell of ginger, Garlic and Garam Masala powder and Chicken pieces are very soft. I used boneless Chicken so everyone can use it very easily.
Cooking Time - 25 minutes
Decoration - Fried Curry Leaves
Ingredient For Marination
Boneless Chicken - 500 gm
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 2 teaspoon
Onion Paste - 1 teaspoon
Ginger paste - 1 teaspoon
Garlic Paste - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves Paste - 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Lime Juice - 2 teaspoon
Salt - to taste
Ingredient for Frying
Coconut oil - 2 tab spoon
Coconut slices - 1/2 cup
Onion - 1
Green Chilli - 2
Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
Salt - to taste
- In a bowl, put Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Onion paste, Ginger paste, Garlic paste, Curry Leaves paste,Garam Masala powder, Lime Juice and Salt and mix well.
- Pour a little Water to this and make fine and thick paste and keep it aside.
- Clean and wash chicken and cut it as medium sized pieces.
- Marinate these Chicken pieces with this masala paste and leave it for 1 hour.
- Then Grill it for 10 minutes and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and pour Coconut Oil and heat it well.
- To this add Coconut Slices and fry it.
- Remove it from the pan and keep it aside in a separate bowl.
- Then add sliced Onion and Salt into the same pan and saute it well until Brown colour.
- To this add Green Chilli pieces and saute it well.
- Then add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Pepper Powder and Curry Leaves and saute it well until remove the raw smell and taste.
- To this add grilled Chicken pieces and fried Coconut slices and mix very well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and decorate it with fried Curry Leaves and serve it.
- You can use Vinegar instead of using Lime Juice when make masala.
- You can use either Fennel seeds powder or Cinnamon powder instead of using Garam Masala Powder.
- It will be tastier if use only Shallots.
|Coconut Chicken Tandoori|