Pork Roast is a delicious South Indian dish which is prepared by Pork. Mainly Pork Roast is using in Christian weddings or parties. Taste of Pork is entirely different from other meats. It is very spicy and tasty dish. Everyone will like this dish very much. We need to cook it very well otherwise it is very harmful to our health. So we need to take extra care while cooking Pork. This dish is very suitable for Bread, Naan, chapati and Rice. We can prepare this dish very easily at home because it is very simple method of preparation. Pork dishes are highly demanded dishes and it is becoming popular day by day. In hotels, we are getting different and tasty dishes. Here, I prepared Kerala style pork roast and I like smell of pork while roasting it in coconut oil. It has a very good flavour of garam masala powder and coconut slices. To get more softness of pork I used both tomato paste and lime juice. Ginger and garlic are giving very natural and traditional taste to this pork roast. Let us celebrate functions or parties with this tasty pork with coconut roast.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
Decoration - Onion and Lemon
Pork - 500 gm
Onion - 2
Crushed Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Crushed Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Green Chilli - 1
Coconut Slices - 1/4 cup
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli powder - 2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 2 teaspoon
Tomato Paste - 1 tab spoon
Lime juice - 1 tab spoon
Garam masala - 1/2 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Water - 1/2 cup
Salt - to taste
Oil - 3 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Wash Pork well and cut it as small pieces and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash it well and slice it thin and lengthy.
- Remove the peel of Ginger and Garlic and wash it well and crush it.
- Wash Green Chilli and cut it as small pieces.
- In a bowl, Combine pork pieces, one sliced Onion, Crushed ginger, Crushed Garlic, Green chilli pieces, Coconut slices, Turmeric powder, Red Chilli powder, Coriander Powder, Tomato paste, lime juice, Garam masala, Curry leaves and salt and marinade well and leave it for 1 hour.
- In a pan, cook marinated Pork with water and keeps it in one side.
- Heat oil in another pan and splutter mustard seeds
- Then add onion to this and saute it well until brown colour.
- Then add cooked pork into it and saute it well under low flame until fry as desired.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and decorate with Lemon and sliced Onion and serve it.
- To get more taste use roasted masala to make this roast.
- You can cook pork in coconut milk instead of water.
- Roast pork after cooking it well otherwise it will create health problems.
- If you like fennel powder flavours add it at last stage of preparation.
- To get healthy pork roast remove the ghee from pork while cooking.
- Taste will increase if you use shallots instead of onions otherwise you can use both shallots and onion.
|Pork With Coconut Roast|