Potato Honey Manchurian is very special and famous dish which is made by Potato. It is one of the vegetarian dish but both vegetarians and non- vegetarians will like it very much. We can prepare this dish by Chicken, Paneer and Beetroot as per our choice or taste. I have made this recipe by Potato. Potato should be crispy for this dish so we need to fry Potato. Crispy potato will give us some different special taste. It is spicy-less dish and main flavour is sweet. If we want spicy dish we can add chilli flakes. But I think sweet is better than spicy dish so I haven't add chilli flakes. To get sweet to this recipe we can add sugar and honey as well. I have added honey to get sweet to this dish. Every one including children will like this dish very much. Now a days so many restaurants are serving this item as special dish. It is giving a good chance to serve a variety dish to guests also. We can use chapati and naan as better combination with this dish. We are adding different sauce so that its taste is entirely different from other dishes. I have added chilli sauce, tomato sauce and soya sauce. It is a Chinese dish but Keralites are very much familiar with this dish now. Now a day it is serving as special dish at dinner time in parties. It will be very good if we serve hot. It is very simple recipe to prepare at home anytime.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking time - 20 minutes
Potato - 2
Onion - 1/2 cup
Green Chilly - 1
Green Capsicum - 1
Refined Oil - 1/4 cup
Corn Flour - 5 tab spoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Red Chilli Sauce - 1 tab spoon
Tomato Sauce - 2 teaspoon
Soya Sauce - 1 teaspoon
Vinegar - 1 teaspoon
Honey - 1 tab spoon
Salt - to taste
Water - 3/4 cups
- Remove the peel of potatoes and cut it as small and thin pieces ( Like french fries).
- Cut onion and capsicum as cube shape.
- In a pan, pour 1/2 cup water and add salt and boil.
- Add potatoes when it boils and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the fire and keep it potato pieces in another bowl and leave it for cool.
- Add 3 tab spoon corn flour to it when it cools and mix well.
- In a pan, heat oil and fry potato pieces and keep it aside.
- In another pan, heat oil and add Garlic, Onion, Capsicum and green chilli and stir well.
- Then add Chilli sauce, Soya sauce and Tomato sauce and mix very well.
- Mix corn flour to 1/4 cup water and add to it and mix well.
- Then add salt and stir well for 2 minutes.
- Then add fried potato pieces and mix well for 1 minute.
- Add vinegar and turn off the fire when it becomes thick.
- Then add honey and mix well and serve.
- To get more attractive dish use yellow, red and green colour capsicum to this dish.
- It would be better if you use sugar instead of honey.
- Tomato paste is helping to increase the taste and softness of dish.
- You can use coriander leaves if you like its flavour.
|Potato Honey Manchurian|