Tapioca is a special item of Keralites. We can prepare a lot of tasty dishes with Tapioca. I have made a special dish with the combination of Soya and Tapioca. This is very spicy and tasty dish. I think people are preparing this dish very rarely because a few people know about this dish. So that I can say that this is very special to everyone. If we prepare this dish once we will get tendency to prepare this always because its taste is really very good. This is a pure vegetarian dish so both vegetarian and non-vegetarians can use this dish. This is entirely different from other dishes. This dish preparation is similar to tapioca beef biriyani. Soya is very good for our health because it contains vitamins. This is a fat free vegetable so everyone can use Soya without any fear about cholesterol. This is very easy to prepare at home. Nobody can understand what we used to make this dish because its taste is similar to beef. I tried this as an experiment first time, but it was really successful and I liked it very much. We can use at as breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is very useful to children because soya is helpful to improve their health.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Decoration - Chopped Onion
Ingredients For Soya Chunks
Soya Chunks - 500 gm
Ginger - 1/2 teaspoon
Garlic - 1/2 teaspoon
Onion - 2
Green Chilly - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 2 tab spoon
Pepper Powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 3 tab spoon
Tomato - 2
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Water - 1 cup
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Coconut Oil - 2 tab spoon
Mustard Seed - 1 teaspoon
Ingredients For Tapioca
Tapioca - 1 kg
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Green Chilly - 1
Onion - 1
Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
Turmeric powder- 1/4 teaspoon
Method To Prepare Soya Chunks
- Soak Soya Chunks in boiled water with 1/4 salt and cook for 5 minutes under medium flame.
- Then add it to cold water and squeeze it well for 3 or 4 times.
- Then cut it as small pieces and keep it side
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and add ginger, garlic, onion, tomato, Green chilli and Curry leaves when mustard seeds begin to splutter and stir well.
- Then add Turmeric powder, Chilli Powder, Pepper and Coriander powder and stir well
- Add water to it and add soya chunks when it is boiled and cook it under low flame for 5 minute
- Then add Garam masala and mix well and keep it aside.
Method To Prepare Tapioca
- Remove the peel of Tapioca and cut it as small pieces
- And Cook it well with water, Turmeric powder and salt
- Then Drain the water and keep it aside
- Grind grated coconut, Green chilli, onion, curry leaves and turmeric powder.
- In a pan, add half portion of Tapioca pieces and add Grinded mixture to it.
- Then add prepared Soya Chunks.
- Then add remaining portion of Tapioca and Cover with lid.
- Then steam well under low flame.
- Then mix it well and decorate with chopped onion and serve.
- To remove the smell of soya chunks add 1 teaspoon milk when it sock in water.
- If you like coriander leaves flavour you can add.
- To get more taste and smell use fennel powder.
- You can use shallots instead of onion.
|Soya Tapioca Biriyani|