Egg is very famous non-vegetarian item and everyone likes this very much. We all know that Egg is protein rich item and everyone can use it on daily basis. This will be very suitable to improve human health. Different types Egg will be available and we can get it from anywhere. In Kerala, so many houses will have Eggs for homely needs and income. Its price is increasing day by day but we can't avoid it from our daily day life. Egg dishes are not that much costly in hotels and restaurants. It is necessary to make pudding, cakes and different snacks. We can make variety tasty dishes and every dish is really tasty and good. Egg Biriyani, Egg Fried rice and egg Omlet are the main famous dishes by Egg.
Today, I would like to share one homemade recipe which is called as Traditional Egg Roast. I think that this name is familiar to everybody because usually we are making this dish in our houses. We can make it in different ways based on our preferences. This is completely a traditional dish and it can make with fewer ingredients. This recipe will be very helpful to everyone because it is suitable to serve to our special and dearest one. It can serve as the side dish with Appam, Hot rice, Chapati for breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. It is medium spicy dish and it is very simple recipe. This Egg roast has the mixed flavour and smell of Ginger and Garlic. I used only natural ingredients to make this so it is healthy.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 25 Minutes
Egg - 5
Sliced Onion - 3
Green Chilly - 2
Ginger Paste - 1/2 teaspoon
Garlic Paste - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 4 tab spoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 3 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Water - As required to cook.
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - to taste
- In a pot, pour Water and Eggs to this and boil it well.
- Then put it in cold Water for sometimes and remove the shells and make small slits on the Eggs.
- Heat a pan and pour Coconut Oil and heat it well.
- To this add Ginger and Garlic paste and saute it well and fry it.
- Then add sliced Onion, Green Chilli pieces and Curry Leaves and stir well.
- To this add Salt to taste and saute it well until Brown Colour.
- Then add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder and Coriander Powder and saute it well until remove the raw smell and taste.
- Add enough Water to this and mix well.
- To this add boiled Eggs and cover the pan with lid and cook it well.
- Make it thick as desired and turn off the fire.
- To this add Garam masala powder and mix well.
- Put it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot Rice and Chapati.
- You have to sock Egg in cold water after boiling to remove the shell easily.
- You can use Fennel Seeds Powder instead of using Garam Masala Powder.
- It will be tastier if we use roasted Cumin Seeds Powder.
|Traditional Egg Roast|