In this article, I would like to share one dessert which is called as Caramel Custard Pudding. Caramel custard pudding is one of the famous and easy traditional dessert. I think almost everyone knows about this dessert. Everybody has tasted it at least once from home or outside. We are using different types of pudding now a day but caramel pudding is very old dessert and it is entirely different from others. Usually we are adding sugar to sweet in puddings but it is backed pudding. You can use steamer to steam this pudding. Its main specialty is that we are using caramelized sugar to make this so its taste will be different. It is very sweet pudding and everyone will like this pudding very much. I know that almost everyone tried this dessert because mainly it is homemade dessert. It is very tasty dessert and very good to serve to guests and children. It is usually serve it as a dessert with lunch and dinner. We can make it very easily with limited ingredients. You can cut it any shape based on our taste. Main ingredient of this pudding is milk so children will like this dessert very much. We can make it without egg also. It has creamy effect and it will get variety taste because of condensed milk. It will be very good dessert for celebrations such as birthday and wedding. Normally we are using cool pudding but it can serve with light hot. It has a variety caramel taste so it is entirely different from other pudding. It is also looking very attractive with Yellow and White colour combination. This dessert is very soft and very tasty to have as a dessert. I know that everyone will enjoy a lot with this dessert.
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
Milk - 2 cups
Egg - 2
Condensed Milk - 4 tab spoon
Honey - 1 teaspoon
Vanilla Essence - 1 teaspoon
Sugar - 4 tab spoon
Water - 1/4 cup
- To make caramel, heat a pan and add sugar and water and cook it till the sugar caramelizes.
- Pour caramel like first thin layer in the down portion of the pudding mould and keep it in refrigerator for 5 minutes to set caramel.
- In a bowl add egg, condensed milk, vanilla essence, and honey and blend it well.
- Boil milk in a pan and leave it for some times to cool
- Then pour it to the blended mixture and mix it well.
- Then strain it well through a strainer and transfer it in a upper portion of the pudding mould like second layer.
- In a tray, pour hot water and keep this pudding mould into this tray.
- Then keep this tray in a preheated oven and bake it 180 degree Celsius for 25 minutes.
- Then leave it sometimes to cool and demould it in a serving bowl and serve it.
- Its taste will not change if we don't add egg to make caramel pudding.
- To get healthy dessert use fat less milk to make this dessert.