Hibiscus flower is having a lot of health benefits and mainly it is using as medicine for so many diseases in Ayurveda. This flower will be there in almost all houses in Kerala. In this recipe, I am showing a hibiscus cooler which is made by hibiscus flower petals. It is very good, healthy and natural cool drink in summer season. Cool drinks are our favourite items for everyone especially in summer season, so we all need different tasty cool drinks. So many people are making it naturally from home and some others are buying from outside. This article will be very helpful to anyone who wants to make natural, fresh and healthy drinks from home. I have used fresh flower petals to make this special cool drink. We can use only petals to make this drink and we need to avoid other parts of hibiscus flower. If we don't have fresh flower we will get dried flower from supermarkets. It is very simple recipe and easy to prepare at home. It is completely natural and doesn't have any side effects. We can keep it in a refrigerator for two weeks without any preservatives but if we add any preservatives it will last for long term. This is the combination of ginger paste, cardamom powder and lime juice. Main flavours will be cardamom powder and ginger. So that it will be very tasty and sweet cool drink. Colour of this drink will be violet when we boil this but it will become very attractive bright red colour after adding lime juice. We will get very attractive colour without adding any food colour that is the main specialty of this drink. You can serve it to guests or our dearest one and definitely you will get a better compliment from the. You can use by adding water as required. Let us enjoy with this cool drink.
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
Decoration - Ice cubes
Hibiscus Flower - 10
Water - 1 litter
Sugar - 1 1/2 cups
Ginger Paste - 1 teaspoon
Lime Juice - 3 tab spoon
Cardamom powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Ice Water - As required
- Wash fresh hibiscus flower gently and keep it in a pan.
- Add sugar, and water and stir well until sugar dissolves completely and boil well.
- Then strain the extract through strainer and add lime juice to this and mix well.
- Pour a little extract in ice cubes tray and makes it cubes.
- In a pan, pour remaining extract and add ginger paste and cardamom powder and 2 tab spoon lime juice and boil well under low flame.
- Then strain the extract through strainer and transfer to a bottle and keep it in a refrigerator.
- In a serving glass, pour 1/4 portion of prepared extract and add required ice water and hibiscus ice cubes and serve cold and fresh.
- To store it for a long term use potassium meta bi sulphite preservative.
- To get more smell use 1 drop strawberry essence to this.