Fish fry is one of the mouth-watering dish for non-vegetarians. Fish dishes are very tasty if it is curry, stir fry and fries. Non-vegetarians can't eat lunch and dinner without fish dishes especially Keralites. Fish dishes are very costly dishes and its demand is very high in hotels. Fish dishes are mainly used by south Indians so they are trying to make new tasty fish dishes. Fishes are looking good and very useful to human body. We can get different types of tasty fish items from markets at different prices. Ayala or mackerel fish is very tasty and thick fish.
It is very special and tasty Mackerel or Ayala fish fry which is made by Ayala fish. It is very tasty fish and will get it from market very easily. It is medium spicy fish fry and I have used very less quantity of coconut oil to fry this fish. It is shallow fried fish fry so it is not harmful to health. I haven't used any artificial masala to get more taste I just used only natural ingredients which are available at home. I have used pasted masala so we can marinate fish very easily and will get very good taste and all flavour of masala. It is one of the highly demanded dish in restaurants. It is not too much costly fish so everyone can buy this fish in houses. This fish fry is completely homemade dish and healthy dish. It will be very special to those who like fishes. Usually it is served as the side dish of rice, Tapioca, mashed jack fruit for lunch and dinner but I think it is an excellent combination with rice. Let us have a lunch with this tasty Mackerel Fish fry.
Preparation Time - 5 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
Decoration - Onion, Lime and curry leaves
Mackerel / Ayala fish - 3
Ginger - 1 piece
Garlic - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Fenugreek powder - 1 pinch
Water - 1 tab spoon
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Lime Juice - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - to taste
Coconut Oil - 2 tab spoon
- Clean and wash fish gently and make slits on two sides of fish by using knife and keep it aside in a pot.
- In a grinder, add ginger, garlic, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, pepper powder, curry leaves, fenugreek powder, salt and water and make it paste.
- Then add lime juice to this paste and mix well.
- Marinate the fish with this paste and leave it for 10 minutes.
- In a frying pan, heat coconut oil and add Ayala fish one by one and fry two sides of fish until golden colour.
- Then put it in a serving bowl and decorate it with curry leaves, onion and lime and serve it with hot plain Rice.
- To remove the bad smell of fish add a little vinegar in water to wash.
- You can use a little plain flour to get perfect fish fry.