Potato mezhukkupuratti is very tasty and medium spicy dish. Potato is one of the favourite item for both South Indians and North Indians. Potato chips, potato beef curry and potato stir fry are the popular dishes of Potato. In this article, I would like to share the recipe of potato mezhukkupuratty or Potato Stir Fry. It is an excellent combination with rice and chapati. I like this dish very much so that I have made it at home so many times. We can prepare different types of dishes by potato and potato mezhukkupuratti is one of the famous dishes that are prepared by potato. Usually everyone is preparing this dish but in this recipe I have made it entirely different from other dish. Its main flavours are the combinations of fennel powder and garam masala. We have to cut potato as small pieces with same thickness for this dish. To get proper taste or texture it shouldn't overcook. If we over cook the potato it will become like potato masala curry. So we have to take care while cooking potato. We can use it as a side dish in lunch and dinner. I have followed completely traditional method because I like this flavour very much. If you like cumin seeds flavour you can add that also. It is very good recipe for those who like vegetarian dishes and it is very simple and easy recipe. This is little bit spicy dish and its taste is really amazing. This can give to children when they are going to school.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
Decoration - Curry leaves
Potato - 3
Onion - 1
Shallot - 5
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Fennel Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut oil - 2 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Water - 1/4 cup
Salt - To taste
- Remove the peel of potato and cut it as small pieces with same thickness and wash it well and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Remove the peel of onion and wash it well and cut it as cubes.
- Remove the peel of Shallots and wash it well and cut it as a small piece and keep it aside.
- In a pan, Heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds and fry curry leaves.
- To this add potato, sliced Onion, shallot, salt and water.
- Then add turmeric powder, chilli powder and fennel powder and mix it well and cook it under medium flame and stir it occasionally .
- Then add garam masala powder and mix well
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot rice.
- To get a variety flavour use cumin seeds instead of using fennel seeds powder.
- To get more taste and smell use pepper powder to get spicy instead of using red chilli powder.
- To get more taste you can add green chilli and Garlic.