Rose apple is very natural, popular and tasty fruit which is available in Kerala in summer season. It will be available both home and market at this time. Usually we are eating this fruit directly but old people can't use it directly because of its sour taste. So we can use it by make different tasty dishes. This fruit is very beautiful and it is very useful to make different tasty items. Rose apple pickle, salad and pachadi are the common and main dishes of rose apple. We can make juice, wine, sweet salad and sweet salad when it became ripe and sweet rose apple. In Kerala, rose apple is called as the apple of Kerala because it is mostly available in Kerala. It has a mixed taste of sweet and sour. We can make a variety dishes by using rose apples. Here I am showing a completely variety and tasty stir fry or thoran by rose apples. I have followed very simple and easy method to make it. I have used fresh natural rose apples which are available in my home to make this stir fry. We can serve it as the side dish with rice for lunch and dinner. It has very natural pink colour so it will be looking very attractive. It is very good to health especially for diabetic patients. This is one of the main and special dish by Keralites but I think very less people know about this stir fry. We need not to add any artificial colour or chemicals to get colour and taste. Rose apple contains water content so we need not to add too much water to make this stir fry. If we need we can use turmeric powder also. Its main taste is sour taste and it is very tasty and simple recipe to make at home. May be it will new dish for so many people so I am very much happy to introduce a new dish to everyone. Definitely everybody will like this dish very much. This is completely natural and tasty dish. Try to make this dish to get new, fresh and variety experiences.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Decoration - Rose apple and curry leaves
Rose Apple - 20
Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
Onion - 2
Shallot - 5
Green Chilli - 4
Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To taste
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Water - 2 tab spoon
- Cut rose apples and remove the seeds and wash gently and chop it and keep it aside.
- Chop onion, shallot and green chilli and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add chopped rose apples, onion, shallot, green chilli, grated coconut, curry leaves and salt and mix together by hands.
- Pour water to this and cover the pan with lid and cook it well under low flame. Stir it occasionally.
- Turn off the fire and add coconut oil and mix well and serve it.
- It will be good if you make it with little turmeric powder.
- You can use red chilli powder instead of using green chilli.