It is very famous, tasty and healthy stir fry. I have made this stir fry with red colour and green colour spinach. It is very easy to make it at home and we can save time. We can use spinach on daily basis because it is very healthy vegetable and contains a lot of health benefits. It contains a lot of vitamins and anti-oxidants. It is mainly used as the medicine for Anemia because spinach contains iron. Mainly it is used as the side dish with rice for lunch. We have to give this curry to children on daily basis to get good health.
I made this curry with my homemade spinach so it is completely natural and very healthy. We need not take extra care to plant spinach and it will grow very easily without spend more time. I got this spinach stem from my neighbour. This vegetable will be available in all houses and it will be available on market also. We can make different tasty curry with spinach but here I am showing very easy spinach stir fry. Usually we are making spinach dish at my home because everyone in my house like this curry very much. My mother is preparing this curry always and she is using only one colour spinach to make this stir fry. To get different stir fry I used two colour combinations of spinach so it will be looking very attractive but taste will not change. I have used both green chilli and red chilli powder to get good taste. Spinach doesn't have that much cooking time so we can easily cook it. I am using this stir fry with chapatti for some times. This dish has very good garlic flavour and very tasty.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
Red Spinach - 1/2 cup
Green Spinach - 1/2 cup
Onion - 2
Green Chilli - 2
Garlic - 3
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Chilli Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Coconut Oil - 2 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Shallot - 4
Salt - To taste
Water - 1/4 cup
- Wash spinach gently and drain water completely and chop it and keep it aside.
- In a blender, Add sliced onion, green chilli, garlic, turmeric powder, chilli powder, grated coconut, curry leaves and salt and crush together.
- In a pan, add chopped spinach, crushed mixture and water.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it under low flame and stir occasionally.
- In another pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Then add chopped shallot and fry it well.
- To this add cooked spinach and mix well.
- Then cover the pan with lid and cook it for 2 minutes under low flame.
- Then mix together and serve it.
- To get more taste use a little fried raw rice to this curry.
- You can use shallots instead of using onion.
- It will be better if we use pepper powder instead of using red chilli powder.
|Spinach Stir Fry|