'Chips' this name is very much familiar and its usage is increasing day by day. We all know about different types of chips such as Potato chips, Tapioca chips and Banana Chips. Chips taste is crazy and it is providing the tendency to eat this again and again so its demand is increasing. The main customers of chips are kids and students. Its price is also increasing based on its demand. We all are depending market to buy this snack but we have great option to make it simply at home. Today I am going to share one famous chips item which is known as Jackfruit chips.
Jackfruit chips are very tasty evening snack which is made by raw jackfruit. So many are using this as an evening snack. It is very crispy chips and looking very attractive. It is well fried chips so we are getting good feelings when we have it. It is a better combination with hot and very sweet tea. I like this combination very much so I am using it with hot tea in the evening. It is suitable in rainy season because we will get the real taste in this season. Jackfruit will be available in rainy season in some places and otherwise we can store it for long term. Usually I am storing this chips for long term in my house. This Chips is very suitable to anyone those who are staying in hostels. Earlier it was only homemade item but now Jackfruit chips is highly demanded item in shops and we can get very hot and fresh chips from shops but natural chips is more healthy comparing that. Banana and potato chips are some other famous and tasty chips item. But jackfruit chips are more tasty and costly comparing other chips item. It is very famous in both south India and north India. Once you tasted it we will get a tendency to have it again and again. Let us enjoy this tasty evening snack.
Preparation Time - 20 minutes
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
Raw Jack Fruit Slices - 2 cups
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - As required
Salt - To taste
- Remove the seed from jack fruit and cut it as thin slices and keep it in a pot.
- To this add turmeric powder and salt and mix well and leave it for 10 minutes.
- In a frying pan, pour coconut oil as required and heat well.
- To this add jack fruit slices and fry it until brown colour and stir occasionally.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it.
- When we make chips don't slice it thick and very thin. Slice it medium thickness to fry well and get real taste of chips.
- You have to add jackfruit slices after heat oil well otherwise it will not cook well.
- Turmeric powder is an optional ingredient so you can add if you need to get yellow colour chips.
- To keep it for long term keep it in an airtight glass jar or bottles.