Different types of Beans are there but all are very good to health and contain a lot of health benefits. Beans contain fiber content which is very good to human body. Long Beans is one of the popular beans item which will be available in both markets and houses. Long Beans will be available in two colours, one is Green Colour Long Beans and other one is Violet Colour Long Beans. Usually we are cultivating in home Green colour long beans and we need not take too much care to cultivate it. Long beans stir fry with and without coconut are very famous and tasty dish.
Today, I have come here very tasty and health Long Beans stir fry which is prepared by Green Long Beans. I bought it from outside to make this dish so I have socked it in salt water for one hour to remove the poison. This stir fry is very useful to children and we can give them as the side dish with lunch when they go to school. It is using the side dish in Christian Wedding celebrations. this spicy-less dish and its preparation is very easy. We need fewer ingredients to make this stir fry and that is the main advantage of this dish. We will get very good and tasty dish with limited ingredients with very less effort. South Indians will have Long Beans for their homely needs otherwise it will be available in everywhere. Its taste is increasing based on the quantity of Onion. This is completely traditional and Christian style stir fry. I would like to use this as the side dish with hot plain rice with Yogurt. It will have the mixed flavour of coconut oil and Onion and we need not to add too much water to this dish when we cook it. Make this tasty dish and have a great lunch with this tasty stir fry.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Long Beans - 250 gm
Onion - 2
Green Chilli - 4
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Chilli Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
Coconut Oil - 2 tab spoon
Salt - To taste
Water - 1 tab spoon
- Wash long beans and slice it lengthwise and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash it well and slice it.
- Wash green chilli well and slice it and keep it aside.
- In a pan, pour coconut oil and add sliced long beans, onion and green chilli.
- Then add turmeric powder, Red chilli powder, and curry leaves and mix well.
- Then pour water and salt and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it under low flame and stir occasionally.
- Remove the lid and stir well until water evaporates completely and turn off the fire.
- Then transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it.
- Don't pour too much water to make this stir fry otherwise its taste and texture will change.
- You can add turmeric powder if you need this. You can make it without turmeric powder.
- To get more taste add coconut slices.
- If you want you can add coconut oil after cooking or you can splutter mustard seeds based on your choice.