Beetroot is very famous vegetable and everyone knows about it. It has very attractive colour and it has dark pink colour and red colour. Beetroot has a lot of health benefits,it improves the blood circulation, increasing the skin glow and helps to increase hair growth. It will be available on markets at any time with reasonable price. We can make a lot variety and tasty dishes by using beetroot. Beetroot stir fry, beet root jam, beet root squash, payasam and pudding are the main and common dishes of beetroot. But beetroot pickle is one of the easiest dishes and Almost everyone know about this pickle. Everyone is remembering is beet root pickle when hear the name of beet root. Beet root can make in different ways and it is serving as the side dish with biriyani and rice in some hotels and restaurants. Earlier it was serving as the side dish for the birthday, wedding and other celebrations. I have followed a variety method to make this pickle. It has spicy, sour and sweet taste. To get an exact taste beet root pickle we need not overcook it otherwise its texture will change and it became beetroot paste. It is very tasty with hot rice for lunch. I would like to have it with hog rice. We need not use more ingredients to make this. It has the mixed spiciness of green chilli and red chilli power. In Kerala, it is serving as the side dish with vegetarian food for Onam and Vishu. We can give to anyone who is staying in hostels because it can store for long term if we keep it in a dry airtight bottles. Pickle is the main dish for any celebration so we can use it for that celebrations. We can add the ingredients to make it based on our choices and it would be very tasty however it is. Its colour will be very attractive if we use it in white rice.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
Decoration - Fried Curry leaves
Beetroot - 3
Chopped Ginger - 1 tab spoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Green Chilli - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 1 teaspoon
Sugar - 1 teaspoon
Vinegar - 1 tab spoon
Asafoetida - 1 pinch
Salt - To paste
- Remove the peel of beet root and wash well and cut it as very small.
- To this add salt and rub it well and leave it for some times.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seed.
- To this add chopped ginger and chopped garlic and fry it.
- Add chopped green chilli and stir well.
- Then add curry leaves and stir well.
- Turn down the fire and add turmeric powder and red chilli powder and stir well for some times.
- To this add rubbed beet root and stir well.
- Then add sugar and pour vinegar and mix well.
- Then add asafoetida powder when it starts to boil and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot rice.
- To get more flavour and smell use cumin seeds.
|Fresh Beetroot Pickle|