We know about colocasia vegetable very much because it is very tasty and healthy vegetable. In Kerala, almost all houses will have colocasia so it became favorite vegetable for them. It will be available on markets with different prices. Mainly it is using to make some curries. I also have tried a lot of spicy and spicy less curries in my house. It will be available in summer season and we can store it in covers for long term. We can make fish, beef and chicken with colocasia. Here I have made a special colocasia cutlet which is really tasty. Cutlet is very famous and everyone knows about it but this cutlet is entirely different from others. To get more taste and smell I used non-vegetarian type masala. My favourite combination with this cutlet is red chilli sauce. I had it with tomato sauce first time then I tried it with red chilli sauce and this combination is better than with tomato sauce so I am using it with red chilli sauce. It is very easy and simple recipe. This recipe is very helpful to anyone who likes to have cutlets. It can use as an evening snack. It has the mixed taste of spicy, sweet and sour taste. Let us enjoy with this cutlet in the evening.
- Colocasia Cutlet
Preparation Time - 20 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Colocasia - 500 gm
Green Chilli - 4
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Onion - 2
Chopped Carrot - 1/4 cup
Fresh Green Peace - 1/4 cup
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Oats Powder - 1 tab spoon
Dry Bread Crumbs - 1/2 cup
Lemon Juice - 1 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - As Required.
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To taste
Water - As required
- Remove the peel of colocasia and put it in a pan and add water as required and add salt and cook it well and keep it aside.
- In an another pan, add chopped carrot, fresh green peace, chopped ginger, chopped green chilli, chopped onion, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, curry leaves, salt and water as required and cook it well.
- Then leave it for some times to become cool.
- Then make it paste and keep it aside.
- Mash cooked colocasia by using a ladder and mix it with vegetable masala paste.
- To this add oats powder and dry bread crumbs and mix well.
- Pour lemon juice and mix well by using hands.
- Then add a little coconut oil and mix well and make cutlet batter.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil as required and make it cutlet shape from batter and put it in coconut oil and fry both sides and serve with red chilli sauce.
- Red chilli sauce
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
Fresh Red Chilli - 15
Garlic - 3
Ginger - 1 piece
Sugar - 2 tab spoon
Vineagar - 2 tab spoon
Water - 4 tab spoon
Refined Oil - 1 teaspoon
Salt - 1 pinch
- Wash red chilli well and cut it as small pieces.
- Chop garlic and ginger.
- Put red chilli pieces, ginger and garlic pieces in a grinder.
- Pour a little water and make it paste.
- In a pan, heat refined oil and add ginger and garlic paste and stir well.
- Add sugar and salt when it starts to boil and stir well until dissolve it completely.
- To this add vinegar and stir well.
- Turn off the fire when it starts to boil and leave it become cool.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with colocasia cutlet.
- You can use beetroot, beans and cabbage to get good taste of cutlet.
|Colocasia Cutlet With Red Chilli Sauce|