Lemon Pickle is very popular and famous pickle in the world. Everyone has been tasted this pickle at least once. It has the mixed taste of sour and spicy. We can make it very easy at home. Pickle is the main side dish of any celebrations and lemon pickle is serving as the main pickle among pickles. Almost everyone has tasted lemon pickle atleast once. Lemon pickle is serving as the side dish with biriyani and rice in hotels or restaurants. Usually Christians are severing lemon pickle for their wedding functions. It helps to improve the digestion process of human body. Lemon contains vitamin C so it helps to improve skin glow and prevents ageing problems. It is very useful to skin diseases and I can't say its benefits by words. Lemon is mainly using to remove the bad smell of fishes. This lemon pickle recipe is very easy to make. I am making lemon pickle in different ways. Here, I used steamed lemon to make this pickle because it can store for long term but also we can use fresh lemon to make this. This pickle is spicy and its main taste is sour taste. It has the mixed flavour of garlic and ginger and also has a good smell. Sesame oil is helping to keep it for long term. This recipe is very good to students who are staying in hostels. You can serve it as the side dish with hot rice and chapati for lunch and dinner. It has the attractive red colour because of red chilli powder. It can make with limited natural ingredients and its taste is really amazing. Let us enjoy lunch with this tasty lemon pickle.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
Lemon - 15
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tab spoon
Fenugreek Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Asafoetida Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Sesame Oil - 1/4 cup
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required
- Wash lemon well and put it in a pot and pour water as required and salt.
- Cover the pot with lid and steam it well and leave it for some times to cool.
- Then cut into four pieces and keep it in a bottle for some days.
- In a pan, pour sesame oil and heat it well.
- To this add mustard seeds and splutter it.
- Then add chopped ginger, chopped garlic, chopped green chilli and curry leaves and fry it.
- Turn down the fire and add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and fenugreek powder and stir well for some times.
- To this add lemon pieces and mix well.
- Add asafoetida powder when it starts to boil and thick and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and leave it for cool.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot rice.