Payasam is one famous sweet dessert. Almost everyone likes this sweet dessert and we can't celebrate any celebrations without payasam. It is very sweet and tasty dessert. We are making different types of payasam such as apple payasam, orange payasam, papaya, mango and tomato payasam. But we are remembering vermicelli payasam first when we hear payasam name because it stands in first place among payasam desserts. Vermicelli payasam is old recipe and it is very familiar to everyone. I think everyone has tasted this paysam at least once because it is common recipe in all houses. My mother was preparing this dessert from my child hood and I also followed the same method of preparation. It is very simple and easy recipe and can make it without any efforts. It just takes some more time to roast vermicelli and it became soft when we roast it. In Hindu wedding celebrations it is considering as the main dessert and they are making different types of payasam. Its importance is increasing day by day and it is very special for our happy moments whatever it is. Vermicelli payasam is very tasty to have and everyone will become happy if we serve it. It has very thick consistency and also has creamy effect and will get soft vermicelli pieces while we have it. It is entirely different from other payasam because we are using pasted ingredients to make others but here we are not making vermicelli paste so these pieces will be available on this. It has an attractive smell of milk and cardamom powder. Condensed milk gives creamy effect to this payasam. It can use with hot and cold and both are tasty. It is better to serve as a dessert after lunch. We need not spend more ingredients and time to make this. Children will like this payasam very much. This is very tasty and sweet dessert. Let us have a good day with this sweet Vermicelli Payasam.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
Decoration - Fried Raisins and Peanuts
Vermicelli - 150 gm
Milk - 1 litter
Condensed Milk - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 tab spoon
Ghee - 2 tab spoon
Cardamom Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Raisins - 15
Peanuts - 15
Salt - 1 pinch
- In a pan, pour ghee and heat it well.
- To this add raisins and peanuts and fry it well and keep it aside in a bowl.
- To this remaining ghee add vermicelli pieces and roast it until brown colour under low flame.
- Pour milk to this and cover the pan with lid and cook it.
- Add condensed milk and sugar to this when it cook 3\4 portion and mix it.
- When it starts to boil add cardamom powder and mix it.
- Turn off the fire and add salt and mix together.
- Then add fried raisins and peanuts and mix well.
- Serve it in a serving bowl with hot.
- You can make this only using sugar instead of condensed milk.
- It is better to add a pinch of dried ginger powder.
- You can mix with cashew nuts and almonds if you need.