This curry is very simple and easy recipe and it will be very helpful for anyone who wants to make very easy and simple curry. People are making tomato curry in different ways. Some people like roasted paste tomato curry and some other people like grated coconut paste tomato curry. Tomato is looking very attractive and it has natural red colour. It contains a lot of health benefits, it protects the human hearts and also helps to get a clear and glow skin. Almost all houses will have this vegetable and also it will be available on markets at any time with reasonable or affordable price. We are using tomato as the main ingredients for other curries especially fish curries, egg curry, beef curry and chicken curry. Tomato has a sour taste and it helps to increase the taste of curries. I like tomato curry very much so I made this curry at home some times and also I am trying new recipes with tomato. Here, I am showing a very simple tomato curry. I used the paste of grated coconut to make this simple curry. I have used all natural ingredients which is available in my house. It is completely a traditional type recipe and it is very tasty to have. It can be serve with appam, bread and rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I would like to have this curry with hot rice for lunch. It is the better combination with red fish curry. The spiciness fish curry and sour taste of tomato curry gives a variety and good taste. We will be very happy if we have with this combination. This tomato curry has the flavour and smell of coconut and fennel powder. I have used pure and natural coconut oil to make this curry. This curry has very attractive red colour and it is very tasty to have for lunch time.
Preparation Time - 10 Minutes
Cooking Time - 20 Minutes
Tomato - 5
Onion - 2
Green Chilli - 3
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 2 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1/2 Cup
Coconut Milk - 1 Cup
Coconut Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- Wash Tomato well and slice it lengthy.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash it well and slice it lengthy.
- Wash Green Chilli and cut it into two pieces.
- Heat a pan and pour Coconut Oil and heat it well and splutter Mustard Seeds.
- To this add Curry Leaves and stir well.
- Then add sliced Tomato, Sliced Onion and Green Chilli and saute it well for sometimes.
- To this add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder and Coriander Powder and saute it well until remove the raw taste.
- To this add Salt and Coconut Milk and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well and make it thick as desired.
- In a grinder, add Grated Coconut, Fennel Seeds Powder and pour a little Water and make it paste.
- Add this paste into Cooked Tomato curry and mix well.
- Boil it well and mix well and turn off the fire.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with Rice, chapati and Appam.