It is completely variety beef curry because its gravy colour is green. It is very spicy, tasty and special beef curry. In houses, we are not making this curry but it will be available in restaurants. Most of the time people are thinking that, we can't make this type curry very easily at home. I had this curry from restaurant first time but I collected details about this dish and prepared in my house. I have made this two times in my house and everyone in my family like this taste. This recipe will be very good to those who want to try variety taste and variety dishes. We can use it as the side dish with bread and chapati for breakfast and dinner and also we can use it with rice for lunch. It will not take too much time to make this curry. It will be very special to serve guests and any other special occasions or parties. Its main flavours are the mixed flavours of cumin seeds and garam masala powder. It is very simple and easy recipe to make at home.
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
Decoration - Fried curry leaves and shallot
Beef - 1/2 kg
Onion - 2
Green Chilli - 6
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup
Mint Leaves - 1/4 cup
Cinnamon Stick - 2
Black Pepper - 5
Cloves - 3
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 3/4 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 1 tab spoon
Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
Lime Juice - 1 teaspoon
Coconut oil - 2 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To taste
Water - As required
- Cut beef as small pieces and wash it well and keep it aside.
- In a grinder, add sliced onion, green chilli, coriander leaves, mint leaves, chopped garlic, chopped ginger, cinnamon pieces, black pepper, cloves, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, coriander powder, curry leaves, grated coconut, lime juice, salt and mix well.
- Then pour water as required and make it paste and keep it aside.
- In a pan, pour 1 teaspoon coconut oil and heat it well.
- Then add masala paste to this and stir well.
- To this add beef pieces and stir well for some times.
- Then pour water to this as required and add salt.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well.
- Then add garam masala powder to this when it became thick and mix well and keep it aside.
- In another pan, heat one teaspoon coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Then add chopped shallots and curry leaves and fry it well.
- Add this into beef curry and mix well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it.
- To save time we can cook beef in a pressure cooker.
- We can roast onion, garlic and ginger to get better taste if we need.
- We can use tomato to get more taste if we need.
- We can cook beef in coconut milk to get more taste.
- To get too much green colour we can add more coriander leaves and mint leaves paste.
- If we use lemon juice with beef we can cook beef very easily.
- To get more taste and thickness we can add potato pieces to this curry.
|Beef With Green Gravy|