Bitter Gourd leaves are very healthy leaves and it is highly beneficial to human body. Here, I am showing a stir fry by using bitter gourd leaves. Only some people know about this dish. Mainly we are making stir fry, pickle and stir fry with fish by using bitter gourd but nobody knows about that we can have bitter gourd leaves for daily life. We are using this leaves juice as medicine because it contains a lot of health benefits. It is highly helpful to diabetic patients. This stir fry has the same taste of bitter gourd stir fry. It will have some bitter taste but it is tasty stir fry and also it can make very easily at home. We need not use more ingredients to make this stir fry. We can reduce its bitter taste by increase the quantity of coconut and shallots. In my house, we are making this stir fry some times and everyone like this curry very much and they all are telling that it is not different from bitter- gourd stir fry. I would like to have this curry with hot plane rice for lunch and dinner. It is very tasty with hot rice and everyone can make it very easy. Usually we are using different leaves curries so I tried this leave also, then I realized that we can get a good curry from bitter gourd leaves. We have to give bitter gourd and its leaves curries to children. It reduces the blood pressure and also very helpful to eyes. We can use it on daily basis with any other curries. This recipe will be very helpful to anyone those who like healthy foods.
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Bitter Gourd Leaves - 20
Shallot - 15
Green Chilli - 5
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To taste
Water - 1 Tab spoon
- Wash bitter gourd leaves well and chop it well and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel of Shallots and wash well and chop it.
- Wash Green Chilli and chop it.
- In a bowl, add chopped shallots, chopped green chilli, grated coconut, curry leaves and salt.
- Rub it together by using hands and keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- To this add chopped bitter gourd leaves and saute well.
- Then add rubbed coconut mixture to this and mix it well.
- Pour water to this as required to cooking and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well under low flame until water evaporates completely and stir occasionally.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot rice.
- To get more taste and smell use chopped ginger and garlic.
- We can rub the mixture with turmeric powder also.
- We can crush the mixture if we need.
- You can use onion instead of shallots.
- The taste will increase based on the quantity of shallots or onion.
|Bitter Gourd Leaves Stir Fry|