Jack fruit payasam or pradhamen is very sweet dessert and it is one of the famous mouth-watering dessert. People will get water from mouth when they hear this payasam name. It is completely a traditional dessert. Mainly Jackfruit dishes are using by south Indians especially Keralites. It is very special dessert item for Onam celebration. I have got this fresh, natural and sweet jack fruit from my neighbour house so I decided to make jack fruit payasam as Eid special dessert. It is very tasty and sweet dessert for special occasions or celebrations. It can be used as hot or cold and both are very tasty. If we use cold payasam we can serve it as a dessert after lunch. Its main flavours are cardamom powder and dry ginger powder flavour. It is very simple and easy recipe and I have used coconut milk to make it. We can make homemade Jam from ripe jack fruit. It will be very tasty if we add Split green gram to this dessert. This payasam will be very special for anyone who likes payasam very much or who likes to make different types of variety payasam. It has very thick consistency and also Jack fruit contains a creamy effect so this is giving very good taste. We can make it with very limited ingredients and it is one of my favourite sweet dessert.
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
Decoration - peanuts
Ripe Jack fruit Pieces - 20
Grated Jaggery - 1/2 cup
Thick Coconut Milk - 1 cup
Medium Thick Coconut Milk - 1 cup
Water - 1 cup
Cardamom Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Dry Ginger Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Ghee - 2 tabspoon
Peanut - 25
Salt - 1 pinch
- Remove the seeds from Jackfruit and cut it as small pieces and put it in blender.
- Then pour a little water to this and make it thick paste and keep it aside.
- To make jaggery syrup, Take grated jaggery in a pot and pour water to this and stir well until jaggery dissolves completely.
- Then strain it well through strainer and keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat ghee and add peanuts and fry until brown colour and keep it aside.
- Then add thick jackfruit paste to the reaming ghee and stir very well.
- Then pour jaggery syrup little by little and stir well.
- To this pour medium thick coconut milk and boil well.
- Then pour thick coconut milk when it became thick and mix well.
- Then add cardamom powder and dry ginger powder when it starts to boil and mix well.
- Add salt and turn off the fire and mix well.
- Add fried peanuts and mix and transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it.
- We can use both coconut milk and milk to make this payasam.
- If we need we can use some cumin seeds.
- To get more sweet and creamy effect we can use condensed milk.
- We can add fried raisins, nuts and coconut slices to get more taste.
- We can use butter instead of ghee.