Potato and tomato is one of the tasty combinations and it is completely traditional curry. This is completely my recipe and I added ingredients by my own and it was very tasty after preparation that's why I am introducing this curry to everyone. I have followed very easy and simple method to save time. It is very tasty and medium spicy masala curry and it can be used as the side dish of rice for lunch and dinner and also it is an excellent combination with chapati, bread and appam for breakfast. Usually I am using this curry with appam for breakfast because everyone in my family like this curry with appam very much. Its main flavour will be the fennel powder flavour that we have added in this curry so that we can call this curry is a very good masala curry. I think almost everyone like the potato combination curry and also will get very special taste with tomato. It is very good masala curry to those who are interested to have traditional vegetable curry.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Potato - 2
Tomato - 2
Onion - 2
Green chilli - 3
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 3 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1/4 cup
Fennel Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Coconut Milk - 1/2 cup
Coconut Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Water - As required
Salt - To taste
- Remove the peel of potato and wash it well and cut it as small cubes and keep it aside.
- Wash tomato and cut it as small pieces and keep it aside.
- Put potato and tomato pieces in a pan.
- Then slice the onion and add into this.
- Then add sliced green chilli, curry leaves, salt and pour water as required.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well.
- In grinder, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, grated coconut, fennel powder, salt and pour little water and make it paste and keep it aside.
- In another pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- To this add curry leaves and masala paste and stir well.
- Then pour coconut milk to this and stir well.
- Then add potato and tomato mixture to this when it stars boil and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid again and boil it well.
- Turn off the fire when it became thick and transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it.
- We can add pepper powder to this masala paste if we need.
- To get a variety taste we can use coriander leaves instead of curry leaves.
- To get more taste and smell we can add fenugreek powder.
- We can use roasted masala powders and grated coconut to get variety taste.
- To get healthy masala curry we can use water instead of coconut milk.
- We can add chopped shallot and dry red chilli pieces while splutter mustard seeds.
- Taste will not change if we not use grated coconut.
- It is completely traditional masala curry so we can use refined oil instead of coconut oil.
- We can add gram masala powder as per our choice.
|Potato Tomato Curry|