Everyone likes the dish which is made by raw jack fruit especially South Indians. We can make different variety dishes by both raw and ripe jack fruit. Here, I am sharing a very good mixed combination of ripe jackfruit and soya mix. It is a variety dish and very tasty dish. I think very less people hear about this recipe. We can have it for lunch, dinner and evening time. It is a rare dish so we can serve it to guest so they will get a very new, fresh and variety experiences. I have made this dish so many times in my house. Its taste is like raw jackfruit with beef combination. It is very good to anyone those who like to have vegetarian foods. We will get soya chunks while we have this food and it gives us a variety feeling and taste. It is spicy dish and I can say that it is a traditional recipe because I have used pure coconut oil and coconut. It is very healthy dish and we can make this special dish at home in jackfruit season. It is better to have hot otherwise tasty may change.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
Decoration - Curry Leaves
Raw Jack fruit - 50
Soya Chunks - 500 gm
Onion - 3
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Green Chilli - 2
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1 teaspoon
Chilli Powder - 2 tab spoon
Coriander Powder - 3 tab spoon
Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 2 cups
Garam Masala Powder - 1 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 tab spoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - to taste
Water - As required.
- Remove the seeds from raw jackfruit and slice it very thin and lengthy and keep it aside.
- Sock soya chunks in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Then wash it well in cold water for 3 or 4 times to become soft.
- Cut it as small pieces and keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Then add chopped shallots and curry leaves and fry it.
- To this add soya chunks and stir well.
- Then slice one onion and add to this and stir well.
- Then add chopped ginger and garlic and stir well.
- To this add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and pepper powder and stir well until get a good smell.
- Then add salt and mix well.
- Pour water to this and cover the pan with lid and cook it well under low flame.
- Make it thick as required and add garam masala powder and mix well and turn off the fire and keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker, put raw jackfruit and salt.
- Pour water as required and cover the cooker with lid and cook it well.
- In a grinder, sliced onion, green chilli, curry leaves, grated coconut and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and crush it.
- Add this crushed mixture to cooked jack fruit and steam it well.
- Turn down the fire and stir it well by using a wooden spoon.
- To this add cooked soya chunks little by little and mix well.
- Then mash it together and transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it hot.
- We can use shallots instead of onion.
- If you like coriander leaves flavour we can add coriander leaves.
- We can add chilli powder based on our taste.
|Raw Jack Fruit Soya Mix|