Sardine fish is highly beneficial to our health. It contains omega fatty acid and also we can use this fish on daily basis. It helps to reduce heart diseases and also increases immunity power. It contains a lot of proteins which is very beneficial to human body. Sardine fish is very tasty and everyone likes to have this fish. Here, I am showing very tasty and variety fish fry. Its main specialty is that I have used bird's eye chilli to marinate this fish fry. Bird's eye chillies also have a lot of health benefits and so many people aware about this. This chilli will be available in almost all houses and it is very costly item in markets. This fry will have very special and attractive taste and it is completely variety fish fry. It has a mixed smell of garlic, curry leaves and birds eye chillies. To get more taste I have mixed fish in coconut milk. It is completely a traditional fish fry and we can use it as a side dish with hot rice, mashed tapioca and mashed jackfruit for lunch and dinner. I have used pasted ingredients to marinate fish to get more taste. To get complete taste of bird's eye chilli I haven't used any other chillies to this fish fry. I like this fish fry very much and also my family members like this fry to have with rice. It is very spicy dish and completely Kerala style traditional recipe. We have to spend more time to clean this fish but it doesn't matter because its taste is that much good. Usually we are making this fry in houses and restaurants in different ways but its taste is entirely different from that. I have used very limited ingredients to make this special fish fry. It is very crispy fry so children will like this fry very much. Sardine fish is available in all season and its price is less compared to other fishes. These both main ingredients are very healthy so we need not to worry about our health.
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
Decoration - Bird's eye chilli
Sardine Fish - 1/2 kg
Ginger - 1 small piece
Garlic - 4
Bird's eye chilli (Kantharimulaku) - 25
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Shallot - 10
Coconut Milk - 2 tab spoon
Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
Lime Juice - 1 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - As required
Salt - To taste
- Clean sardine fish well and wash well and cut it as medium sized pieces and make slits on both sides and keep it aside.
- In a grinder, add ginger piece, garlic, bird's eye chilli, turmeric powder, shallot, curry leaves and salt.
- Then pour coconut milk to this and make it thick and fine paste.
- Put it in a bowl and add lime juice and mix well.
- Then add fish pieces to this and marinate both sides well.
- Then leave it for 10 minutes.
- In a frying pan, heat coconut oil as required.
- Then add fish pieces to this.
- Cover the pan with lid and fry both sides well under medium flame.
- Then turn of the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it.
- If we need more spicy fry we can add pepper powder and green chilli.
- We can use any refined oil to fry this fish.
- To remove the smell of sardine fish we can wash by using the mixture of lime juice and salt or vinegar.
|Sardine Bird's Eye Chilli Fry|