It is very spicy Kerala style traditional fish curry and its taste is really good. Mango and fish are the better and tasty combination. It can be made by using any types of fish. Here, I have used shark fish which is very soft and thick fish. It doesn't have skeleton like other fishes so its masala curry will be very good. I have made this curry so many times by using different fishes. I learned this method from my mother because I love mango combination curries such as dried fish with mango chutney, stir fry and curry very much. My suggestion about fish curry is that it should be little spicy so I made this curry little spicy. We can use this curry with rice, chapati, mashed tapioca and jackfruit for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I would like to have this curry with hot rice for lunch. Its taste is entirely different from other fish curry. Coriander powder will give us a very special and variety taste and also gets thickness. Coconut milk gives a traditional taste and smell. It has the mixed flavour and smell of ginger, garlic and fenugreek powder and also it has the sour taste of mango. Fishes are the main and favourite item for non-vegetarians so this recipe will be very helpful to them. Keralites can't eat lunch without fish curry so they are trying new taste and special dishes from hotels but we can make it from home very easily. We can enjoy a lot with this special fish curry.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
Decoration - Fried Onion and Curry Leaves.
Shark Fish - 1 kg
Onion - 2
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Green Chilli - 2
Raw Mango - 1
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Chilli Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 2 1/2 cups
Coconut Milk - 1 cup
Fenu Greek Seeds - 3
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To taste
Water - As required
- Clean shark fish and remove the outer skin and cut it as medium sized pieces and put it in a pot.
- To this add turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt and mix it well and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Remove the peel of mango and cut it as small pieces and keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Then add fenugreek powder and chopped shallots and fry it.
- Then add curry leaves, chopped ginger and chopped garlic and stir well.
- To this add sliced onion and stir well.
- Then add green chilli and stir well.
- Then add coriander powder and stir well until get a smell.
- Then add salt and water as required and boil it well.
- To this add fish pieces mix it once.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it under high flame for 10 minutes.
- Then turn down the flame and add mango pieces to this.
- Cover the pan with lid again and cook it well under low flame.
- Then pour coconut oil to this and turn off the fire when it starts to boil and revolve the pan clockwise direction.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot rice.
- To get more taste add tomato.
- You should not add coriander powder if you need to keep it more than one day.
- You can add cumin seeds if you need.
- Fish should not overcook.
|Shark With Mango Spicy Masala|