Banana stem has a lot of health benefits and I think everybody knows about it. Old people were making curry with this banana stem to get a good health and they will tell that it will be the secret of their healthy body because it prevents the diseases. But new generations are not interested to use this but almost everyone knows its benefits. Banana stem contains a lot of fibers which is highly beneficial to human body. So many people are suffering from different types of dangerous diseases due to lack of fiber contained food. Fiber contented food can prevent the dangerous diseases such as cancer, piles and kidney stones. We can make a lot of variety dishes by using banana stem. Banana stem juice, banana stem stir fry, banana stem green gram stir fry, banana stem cutlet, banana stem salad and banana stem pickle are the tasty and common dishes of banana stem. Here, I am giving the traditional recipe of banana stem with black chick peas stir fry. It is very tasty and easy recipe to make at home. Black chick peas also have a lot health benefits because it is protein rich item. This stir fry has a nice flavour and its main taste is cumin seeds taste. I will remember Onam celebration when I prepare this curry because it has the same taste of Aviyal which preparing in Onam and a good smell also come out while making this curry. It has completely a traditional taste and flavour. It can make very easy with limited ingredients. It has the mixed taste of garlic, cumin seeds and natural coconut oil and this taste will increases the hungry. It can serve as the side dish with hot rice for lunch. I would like to use this stir fry with appam for breakfast. Everyone can enjoy a lot with this traditional mixed stir fry.
Cooking Time - 25 minutes
Chopped Banana Stem - 1 cup
Black Chick Peas - 1 cup
Shallot - 20
Garlic - 3
Green chilli - 4
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 3/4 cup
Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- Sock black chick peas overnight and wash it well next day and put it in a pressure cooker.
- Pour water as required and add salt and cook it well and keep it aside.
- Cut banana stem round shape and thin and wash it well and chop it.
- Add salt to this and cook it half and keep it aside.
- In a grinder, add grated coconut, shallot, garlic, green chilli, turmeric powder, cumin seeds and curry leaves and crush it.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- To this add chopped shallots and fry it.
- Then add curry leaves and red chilli powder and stir well.
- To this add crushed mixture and mix well.
- Then add half cooked banana stem and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well.
- Then add cooked black chick peas to this and mix together.
- Cover the pan with lid again and cook it for 3 minutes under medium flame.
- Then mix well and turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot rice.
- To remove the stain of banana stem use coconut oil.
|Banana Stem With Black Chick Peas Stir Fry|