Beef is one the tasty non-vegetarian item. We can get different types of tasty non vegetarian items such as chicken, mutton, milk and egg. Beef is also very tasty and favourite item like other non- vegetarian items. We can make different tasty dishes by beef and beef ribs also like that only. Beef ribs are mainly used by Christian families especially in wedding and other celebrations. Mainly Keralites are making very tasty tapioca biriyani with beef ribs and it is their special and favourite dish for wedding. Beef are mainly used in Kerala and some other places in other state. Keralites cannot celebrate festival without beef because it is their favourite item for them so they are making different tasty beef dishes for Christmas, Ester, wedding, birthday and house warming celebrations. Beef ribs contain fat so it will have very good taste if we make dishes. Its fat will be melt while cooking so its taste is very nice comparing other meats. We can serve beef ribs curry for appam, porotta, rice, mashed tapioca, mashed jackfruit and chapati for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Here, I have made very spicy masala ribs curry. I am making non vegetarian item with spicy because I would like to have spicy dishes. I used this spicy curry with mashed tapioca for breakfast. We need not to add more coconut oil to this curry because it contains a lot of fat. We can't use this curry on daily basis it is mainly used for only celebrations. It has the spiciness of pepper powder and also it has the mixed smell and taste of fennel powder and garam masala powder. Beef ribs are available with reasonable price compared to beef so it is used by many people. Now tapioca biriyani is available in restaurants or hotels and it is very tasty. It will be available on college canteen also. This curry is completely traditional and I would like to have it with hot. It is very simple and easy recipe.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
Decoration - curry leaves
Beef Ribs - 1 kg
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Green chilli - 3
Onion - 4
Cloves - 3
Cardamom - 3
Cinnamon Stick - 2 piece with 1 inch length
Turmeric Powder - 3/4 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tab spoon
Coriander Powder - 3 tab spoon
Pepper Powder - 1 teaspoon
Fennel Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
Coconut Oil - 1/2 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallot - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To taste
Water - As Required
- Cut beef ribs small pieces and wash it well and put it in a pressure cooker.
- To this add chopped ginger, chopped garlic, green chilli, sliced onion, turmeric powder, salt and pour water as required and mix well.
- Cover the cooker with lid and cook it well and keep it aside.
- In a grinder, add red chilli powder, coriander powder, pepper powder, grated coconut and salt and pour a little water and make it paste.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- To this add cloves and cardamom and fry it.
- Then add chopped shallots and curry leaves and fry it.
- Then add pasted coconut mixture and stir well to remove raw smell.
- Pour water as required and add cooked beef ribs.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook and boil it well and make it thick.
- Then add fennel powder and garam masala powder to this and mix well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and decorate with curry leaves and serve it.
- To get more taste add shallots instead of onion and tomato.
|Beef Ribs Spicy Masala Curry|