Bread pudding is very good sweet pudding. Bread budding has been tasted by so many people but so many people has not even tasted it ever. We can bake bread pudding in micro wave or stem it in steamer. It is very soft and tasty pudding. Bread pudding can make in different ways. To get more tasty bread pudding we can decorate with chocolate filling or ice cream filling after baking or steaming. So many people are making this pudding first layer with caramelized sugar. Bread pudding will be very tasty if we follow any method. Here I used very easy method to make it but taste is really nice. Its main ingredient is bread like its name. Bread is one of the favourite items for so many people. I tried it first time and I like its softness and smell very much. We can use it both cold and hot. It is very good pudding to serve as dessert after lunch. Milk, milk powder, condensed milk and almond powder are help to increase the taste and softness of bread pudding. It has the very nice smell of vanilla essence. We can make it very easily at home. This bread pudding is very helpful to have bread especially children those who are not interested to eat bread directly. I made it with very tasty and healthy wheat bread. Wheat has a lot of health benefits so this bread is also highly beneficial to human body. I made this pudding very natural because I didn't use any artificial colour or ingredient to increase taste. We can cut it at any shape with thickness and it will dissolve very easily when we have it. I would like to have this pudding cold because its sweetness will increase if it is cold.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 25 minutes
Bread Slice - 10
Egg - 3
Milk - 1 cup
Milk Powder - 1 tab spoon
Almond Powder - 1 tab spoon
Condensed Milk - 2 tab spoon
Honey - 2 tab spoon
Vanilla Essence - 1/4 teaspoon
Butter - 1 teaspoon
- Remove the brown colour portion of bread slices and cut the remaining white portion as small.
- Put it in a mixer and make it fine paste and keep it aside.
- In a pan, pour milk and boil it well.
- Then add sugar to this and stir well until sugar dissolve completely.
- To this add milk powder, almond powder and condensed milk and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and leave it for cool.
- Then add egg to this one by one and mix well by using a spoon.
- Then add fine powder of bread to this and mix well.
- Then add vanilla essence and mix well.
- In another pot, add butter and spread it on the down and sides of pot.
- To this add bread mixture up to 3/4 portion of the pot.
- Cover it with aluminium foil and keep it in a steamer and cover the pot with lid and steam it well.
- Demould it after cool and cut it any shape and serve it in a serving bowl.
- You can use cardamom powder instead of vanilla essence.