Mango is very famous and popular fruit for everyone. Raw mango and ripe mango are the favourite fruit for each and every one. Mango is looking very attractive fruit. Mainly it is available in summer season but also it will be available in shops at any season but price may change based on demand. Mango dishes are very tasty and we can make different tasty dishes by ripe and raw mango. World has been changed a lot so everyone is looking different and variety things in any field. Cooking is growing day by day and trying to make new dishes and new combinations. Now a day we are making payasam with ripe mango. Earlier mango was using to make mango pickle, mango fish curry, mango with jackfruit seeds and mango curry. But now we can make unlimited dishes by using mango. Here I am showing the recipe of white mango pickle which is remembering the old memories. Mango pickle can make in different ways and the common way is making with red chilli powder and adding sweet and also in every states will have their own style to make mango pickle. Pickle is essential in north India and south India. Pickle is an important side dish for any celebrations for Christian and Hindu. A lot of different pickles are available but also mango pickle is the first priority for everyone. White mango pickle is very tasty and very easy recipe. Fried ginger and garlic provides a special and variety flavour. To get a good flavour I used fried green chilli. This pickle has the mixed taste of spicy, sour and salt. This pickle has white colour so I give this name for this recipe. It can use at any time but if we use it for lunch we can use rice, sambar and white mango pickle and this combination is really good and tasty. It will be a good side dish with rice soup for dinner. My mother was preparing this pickle when I was child after that we all forgot about this. Today I remembered this pickle and I learnt this method from my mother and made it. Let us enjoy with this tasty pickle.
Preparation Time - 5 minutes
Cooking Time - 5 minutes
Decoration - Curry Leaves
Raw Mango - 2
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Green Chilli - 2 tab spoon
Turmeric Powder - 1 pinch
Sesame Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Fenugreek Seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Vinegar - 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida Powder - 1 pinch
Salt - To taste
- Wash raw mango well and cut it as very small pieces and put it in a bowl.
- To this add salt and mix well and leave it for one day.
- Next day mix it well again and keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat sesame oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Then add fenugreek seeds to this and fry it.
- Then add chopped ginger and chopped garlic and fry it.
- Then add curry leaves and chopped green chilli and stir well.
- Turn down the fire and add turmeric powder and mango pieces and stir well for some times.
- Then pour vinegar to this and mix well.
- When it starts to boil add asafoetida powder to this and mix well and turn off the flame and leave it for cool.
- Then put it in a serving bowl and serve with hot rice.
- Keep remaining pickle in a dry airtight bottle for long term.
- We need not use vinegar if the mango has more sour taste.
- You can use coconut oil instead of sesame oil.