Green beef roast is a variety beef roast and also it has variety taste and smell. It is very spicy beef roast. We can make different types of green colour non vegetarian dishes such as green beef curry, green chicken curry, green chicken roast and beef green roast. We can make green colour type dishes by using any non-vegetarian items. Now a day we will get this beef roast in hotels and restaurants. Although very less people know about this dish and everyone thinking that this dish is very difficult to make at home. In Kerala, green masala is not famous or popular. I have tasted green chicken curry first time from a restaurant which is located in Bangalore. It was very tasty and I liked very much so I decided to make it at home. Then I tried very tasty beef roast. It is an excellent combination with rice, chapati and appam for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We can serve it based on our taste and likes. It will be very tasty if we use hot green beef roast because we will get the exact taste of this dish at that time. If we use cold roast its taste may change. It has the mixed flavours and smell of mint leaves, pepper powder and fennel powder. I have used coconut milk to this so it will have that taste also. To get more taste we can add potato and carrot to this beef roast. Here we are using green chilli and pepper powder to get spicier. We are using green paste to get variety green colour and it is the main specialty of this beef roast. It will be very special to guests because its taste is entirely different from other non-vegetarian recipes. To get natural taste I have used coconut oil to roast this.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
Decoration - fried shallot and curry leaves.
Beef - 1/2 kg
Onion - 2
Ginger - 1 piece
Garlic - 5
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Pepper Powder - 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Curry Leaves Paste - 2 tab spoon
Mint Leaves Paste - 1 teaspoon
Coriander leaves paste - 1 teaspoon
Green Chilli Paste - 2 teaspoon
Fennel Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Milk - 2 cups
Coconut Oil - 2 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 tab spoon
Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To taste
- Cut beef as small pieces and wash well and put it in a pan.
- To this add sliced onion, chopped ginger and chopped garlic.
- Then add turmeric powder, pepper powder, cinnamon powder, curry leaves paste, mint leaves paste, coriander leaves paste, green chilli paste, fennel powder and salt.
- Then mix well together by using hands.
- To this pour coconut milk and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well until very thick.
- In another pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Then add chopped shallots to this and fry well.
- Then add curry leaves and fry it.
- To this add cooked beef to this and mix well.
- Then roast it well under low flame and transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it.
- It will be very good if we use cloves.
- If we like cumin seeds flavour we can add to this roast.
- To get extra taste we can use chopped tomato.
- To get more taste and flavour we can add garam masala powder at last.
- To save time we can cook beef in pressure cooker.
|Green Beef Roast|