Jackfruit is one of the famous mouth-watering items and it is the biggest fruit in the world. Raw and ripe jackfruit and jackfruit seeds are very tasty. It is mostly available in Kerala so it became very special and favourite item for them. In Kerala, almost all houses will have jackfruit. Raw jackfruit chip is very tasty and famous snack of jackfruit and raw jackfruit fish curry and chicken roast are the other dishes of jackfruit. In my house, jackfruit is available so I am trying new and different variety dishes especially in curries. To get a variety taste I tried this fried spicy jackfruit. It is very tasty dish and we are getting a variety taste because of its crispness. This recipe is completely mine and I used the ingredients which I like but its taste is really nice. Then I made it so many times in my home and everyone in my family liked this dish very much and I got compliments from them. I know that this recipe will be new to everyone so everyone can try this especially those who likes jackfruit dishes. It is very good for lunch so we can give to children when they go to school. Jackfruit is a traditional item so I used traditional ingredients to make this curry. It is very healthy dish and taste also good. This dish has the mixed flavour of cumin seeds, cinnamon powder and Garam masala Powder. It is spicy dish and everyone can enjoy with this special dish.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
Decoration - Curry Leaves
Raw Jackfruit Flesh - 25
Onion - 2
Green chilli - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Cinnamon Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 3 tab spoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required
- Clean jackfruit flesh and remove the seeds from it and cut it lengthy.
- In a pan, pour coconut oil and heat it well.
- To this add jackfruit flesh pieces and fry both sides and remove it from oil and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash it well and slice it thin and lengthy.
- Add this sliced Onion into remaining coconut oil and stir well.
- Then add chopped green chilli, curry leaves and salt and stir well.
- Then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and pepper Powder and mix well.
- To this add fried jackfruit flesh pieces and mix well.
- Pour a little water and cover the pan with lid and cook it well.
- To this add pepper powder, cinnamon powder and cumin seeds Powder and mix well.
- Add Garam Masala Powder when water evaporates completely and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl and decorate with fresh curry leaves and serve it with hot rice.
- You can use fennel Powder instead of cumin seeds Powder.
|Fried Spicy Jack Fruit|