Mulberry pickle is very tasty pickle but it is not famous pickle. Very less people know about this pickle and someone has not even heard about its name. Its taste is entirely different from other pickle and it can store for a long term. We can make different variety pickle by vegetables but common and very famous pickles are mango pickle, lemon pickle and beetroot pickle. Fish pickle and beef pickle are very famous non vegetarian pickles. We can make different types of tasty pickles with any fruits and vegetables and this is the main specialty of pickles. Another important fact is that it can store for long term. Usually both North Indians and south Indians need pickles as the side dish with their food. Pickles will have the mixed taste of spicy and sour and it is providing special feelings to us. Pickles are the main item for students or employee those who are staying in hostels. Pickles are my favourite dish and I like all pickles very much. My favourite combination is sambar, any vegetable stir fry and any pickle with hot rice for lunch and dinner. My grandmother was making a lot of tasty and variety pickles so I got mulberry pickle recipe. Mulberry will be available in so many houses and it is there in my house also. Raw mulberry is light red colour with sour taste and its colour change into black colour when it became ripe and it will have sweet taste. Mulberry is looking very attractive and tasty. I made this pickle in pure coconut oil, earlier I used sesame oil to make pickles. Pickles taste is increasing if we make it in coconut oil and it can store for long term if we take it with dry spoon. It has the mixed smell and taste of ginger, garlic, fried fenugreek and coconut oil. It is traditional pickle and it will like by anyone who likes mulberry very much. It doesn't need more ingredients so it can make very easy.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
Raw Mulberry - 50
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Fenugreek Seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 tab spoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Vinegar - 2 Tab Spoon
Asafoetida Powder - 1 pinch
Salt - To Taste
- Wash Raw Mulberry well and remove water from it and make it dry.
- In a bowl, put this dried mulberry and add salt as required and mix well and keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat a little coconut oil and add mulberries and stir well for some times and take it out from the pan and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, pour remaining coconut oil and heat it and splutter mustard seeds in it.
- Then add fenugreek seeds and curry leaves and stir well.
- Then add chopped ginger and chopped garlic and fry it.
- Turn down the fire and add turmeric powder and red chilli powder and stir well for some times.
- Then add mulberries into this and stir well.
- Pour vinegar and mix well.
- Then add asafoetida powder when it starts to boil and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot rice.