Usually we are making different dishes by using eggs in houses. We can make unlimited dishes with egg such as egg omelet, egg roast, egg stir fry, egg curry, egg cutlet, egg sandwich, egg scramble etc...We are getting egg items in hotels morning onward. Children can use one egg daily because it is highly beneficial to children. Here, I am showing very easy egg onion curry. The main ingredient of this curry is onion. We can make this curry very easy at home because it is simple recipe. We need not to add more ingredients to make this but its taste is really nice. I have made this curry in coconut milk and all ingredients roasted in coconut oil to get good taste. It has the mixed flavour of fennel powder, garam masala powder and fenugreek powder. It is completely a traditional recipe because I have used pure and natural coconut oil and coconut milk. It will be very beneficial to anyone who is interested to make tasty egg curry very easily. Egg will be available in all season. I bought egg from shop to make this egg curry. Mainly I am using this curry as the side dish of appam and rice for breakfast and lunch. It is very tasty with hot plane rice for lunch and its taste will increase if we use any pickle with this curry. It is not that much spicy dish so children can also use this curry. This recipe will be helpful those who started to learn cooking and they can try this easy recipe. We can serve it to guests also because its taste is very good.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Egg - 6
Onion - 3
Ginger Paste - 1 teaspoon
Garlic Paste - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Chilli Powder - 1 tab spoon
Coriander Powder - 1 1/2 teaspoon
Fennel Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Fenugreek Powder - 1 pinch
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Milk - 1 1/2 cups
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To taste
Water - As Required
- In a pot, pour water as required and boil it well.
- Then add egg into this.
- Cover the pot with lid and cook egg well.
- Then put these eggs in cold water for some times.
- Then remove the outer portion of eggs and make small slits on eggs by using knife and keep it aside.
- In a pan, pour coconut oil and heat it well.
- Then add ginger and garlic paste and stir well.
- Then add sliced onion and stir well.
- Then add curry leaves and salt and stir well.
- To this add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and fennel powder and stir well until get a smell.
- To this pour coconut milk and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well.
- Turn down the fire when it boils well and add eggs to this and mix well.
- Then boil it again under low flame.
- Make it thick as required.
- Then add garam masala powder and fenugreek powder to this and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with appam or rice.
- If we use salt or vinegar when boil eggs it will not break.
- To get thick gravy use coconut paste instead of coconut milk.
- To get more taste and smell splutter mustard seeds in coconut oil.
- We can use shallots instead of onion.
- To get more taste add green chilli and pepper powder.
|Onion Egg Curry|