Onion fritters is one of the good snack in the evening. We are not preparing dishes without onion that means onion is the main and common ingredient for every dish. Onion helps to increase the taste of dishes and taste will change based on the quantity of onion. Onion is necessary factor to make vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. Onion chutney and onion salad are the main dishes of onion. Onion has a lot of health benefits and also helps to increase the beauty of skin. Now days so many people are using onion juice for getting black colour of hairs and it has been scientifically proved. It is very helpful to reduce fever, cold and cough. So many people including children don't like to have onion so that they will keep it aside when they have food, but onion fritters is the best solution for them because everyone is ready to have this snack. For children we can make spicy less onion fritters. I like this snack very much with more spicy. Usually I am preparing this in my house as evening snack. Here, I made spicy onion fritters but you can make it based on your taste. I would like to have this snack with hot tea in the evening and it is providing mental satisfaction and happiness. It is very simple and easy recipe to make at home. We were getting this snack in small hotels since my childhood and it is highly demanded item for evening snack. So many people are buying this from outside but it can make at home if ready to spend some times. It is also looking very nice and attractive. Fried onion gives a special taste and it has the special flavour of ginger, curry leaves and garam masala powder. Let us have a great evening with this tasty snack.
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Onion - 4
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Green Chilli - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 3/4 teaspoon
Rice Flour - 1/4 cup
Wheat Flour - 1/4 cup
Gram Flour - 1/2 cup
Semolina Powder - 1 tab Spoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - As Required
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To taste
Water - As Required.
- Remove the peel of onion and wash well and cut it as thin and length wise and put it in a pot.
- To this add chopped ginger, chopped green chilli, curry leaves and salt and mix it well by using hands.
- To this add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, rice flour, wheat flour, gram flour, rava powder, garam masala powder and pour water as required and mix well by using hand and make it thick batter and make small bolls.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and add small bolls to this.
- Turn down the fire and fry both sides well.
- Put it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot tea.
- You can use plane flour and pepper powder to make this.
- You can have it with tomato sauce if you need.