Onion with coconut stir fry is one of the variety dishes. Onion is the main and common ingredient for either vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes or curries. We can't avoid onion to make different curries. It gives more taste to all curries but this stir fry is entirely different from other curries and its main ingredient is onion and it is very tasty stir fry. I think very less people know about this stir fry and its method of preparation. Some people know its taste and they are making this dish in their houses sometimes or whenever they need because its taste is really good and it is very easy to make. It is the special dish in traditional area and its recipes known by the old people. I got this recipe from my grandmother and my mother also following the same recipe. I also made this by the same recipe and I can say that it is really good curry without any doubts. To get spicy I used both green chilli and bird's eye chilli, this mix give a special taste and flavour. It is completely a traditional recipe and very natural curry without any chemicals. It will be very special and different recipe those who are interested to make new and easy recipe. Onion taste is different if we use it in other curries and its taste is entirely different from that. It has the mixed taste and smell of grated coconut and curry leaves. It will cook very easily we when mix onion in coconut oil. We can make it within a few minutes and it can be used as the side dish with hot rice for lunch and also serve to guests with some other curries. It can make very easy with limited ingredients with less effort. Make this easy and tasty stir fry and enjoy a lot this with this super dish with hot plain Rice.
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
Onion - 4
Bird's Eye Chilli - 10
Green Chilli - 1
Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To taste
Water - As required
- Remove the peel of onion and wash it well and chop it.
- Wash Bird's Eye Chilli and chops it.
- Take a bowl and put chopped Onion, chopped bird's eye chilli, grated coconut, curry leaves and salt to this.
- Mix it together well.
- Heat a pan and pour Coconut Oil and heat it well.
- Splutter Mustard Seeds when Oil heats well.
- Then add Onion mix and pour water as required to cook.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well under low flame and stir occasionally.
- Turn off the fire when water evaporates completely.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot rice.
- We can add a little turmeric powder to this stir fry.
- To get more taste crush the coconut, chillies and curry leaves mix.
- You can use chilli powder if you need.
|Onion With Coconut Stir Fry|