Potato long beans stir fry is very tasty stir fry. Usually we are making different dishes by using potato. We can make potato masala, Beef with potato, Chicken with potato, potato stir fry etc.... Potato dishes are the favourite dishes for north Indians. I like potato dishes very much because it will have a special taste. Long beans will be available in almost all houses in Kerala. It is also very tasty vegetable. This potato and long beans stir fry is an excellent combination with hot rice for lunch and dinner. It is completely a traditional stir fry. It is very healthy and easy recipe. I have used very fresh long beans which are there in my house so it will not have any side effects to health. Long beans and its leaves are very tasty and healthy. In Kerala, we are calling 'Achinga Payar'. Potato will have a variety and special taste if we add any vegetables and non-vegetables. It is my own recipe and I used the ingredients which I like. It was very tasty when I tried this first time and everyone in my family like this stir fry very much. We can make it very easy within a few minutes. It is not that much spicy stir fry so we can give it to children without fear. It has the mixed flavour and smell of cumin seeds, shallots, coconut and coconut oil. To get very good taste I have used crushed mixture to make this stir fry. Everyone will get a new taste and new dish by this recipe so enjoy with this tasty dish hot Rice for lunch.
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
Decoration - Curry Leaves
Potato - 2
Long Beans - 20
Onion - 2
Shallot - 10
Green Chilli - 5
Garlic - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To taste
Water - As required.
- Remove the peel of potato and wash it well cut it as small pieces.
- Wash long beans well and cut it as small pieces.
- In a grinder, add chopped onion, chopped shallots, green chilli, garlic, grated coconut, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, curry leaves and salt and crush it and keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and add crushed mixture and stir well.
- Then add potato and long beans and mix well.
- Pour water as required to this.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well under low flame and stir well occasionally.
- Turn off the fire when water evaporates completely and mix well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot rice.
- Don't pour too much water to cook.
- To get more taste splutter mustard seeds in coconut oil.
- If you need Yellow colour dish use little Turmeric Powder.
- To get more spicy use a little Red Chilli Powder.
- It will be very tasty if we use it hotly.
|Potato Long Beans Stir Fry|