Sweet and spicy gravy style jackfruit is a variety tasty dish and its taste is entirely different from other jackfruit dishes. It is very new and rare recipe so it has not tasted by everyone so I can say that it is a rare recipe or dish. Jackfruit is one the favourite item for everyone. Raw and Ripe jackfruits are useful to make different types of tasty dishes and it will be really nice if we make any types of dishes by using jackfruit. Jackfruit is a big fruit among fruits and also it is looking very attractive. I have made a lot of variety tasty dishes by jackfruit but my favourite dishes are mashes jackfruit, jackfruit chips, jackfruit Erissery, jackfruit laddu and jackfruit payasam. My aunt introduces me this new and tasty recipe. I had an anxiety to know its taste first time and I had no confidence to make it that time. But I tried it when I got jackfruit. It has the mixed taste of spicy, sweet and a little sour taste so everyone in my family like this very much and they said that it is completely a variety dish. It has an attractive colour so it is looking very nice. I have tasted one chicken dish from restaurant that has almost similar taste of this dish.it has amazing taste with good smell of Cardamom Powder and Cloves. It is super dish to serve to guests as the side dish with chapati. I used this dish as side dish with Butter Naan. This recipe is very useful to anyone who needs to make different dish with jackfruit.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 20 Minutes
Raw Fresh Jackfruit - 25
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Cloves - 2
Onion - 2
Tomato - 1
Dried Red Chilli - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 3 teaspoon
Tomato Sauce - 2 tab spoon
Red Chilli Sauce - 1 tab spoon
Honey - 1 tab spoon
Sugar - 1 Pinch
Cinnamon Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Cardamom Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Yogurt - 1 tab spoon
Vegetable Oil - 1/4 Cup
Curry Leaves - 1/4 Cup
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
- Clean Jackfruit well and cut it as small pieces and put it in a pot.
- To this add Turmeric Powder and Salt to taste and mix well and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash it well and chop it.
- Wash Tomato well and chop it.
- Heat a pan and pour Vegetable Oil to this and heat it well.
- To this add Jackfruit pieces one by one and make shallow fry both sides.
- Take it out from Oil and keep it aside in a bowl.
- In the same pan, add chopped Ginger and chopped Garlic and saute it well and fry it.
- To this add Curry Leaves and Cloves and fry it.
- Crush Dried Red Chilli and add to this and saute it and fry it.
- To this add chopped Onion and saute it well until Brown colour.
- Turn down the fire and add Red Chilli Powder to this and fry it.
- Then add chopped Tomato to this and saute it well.
- Add Tomato Sauce and Red Chilli Sauce and mix well.
- Then add fried Jackfruit pieces and Yogurt and mix well.
- Then add Cardamom Powder and Cinnamon Powder and mix well.
- Add Salt to taste and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and add Sugar and Honey and mix well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with Appam, Chapati and Bread.
- You can add Coriander Leaves to get variety taste instead of using Curry Leaves.