Potato dishes are very famous and very tasty. Potato is using every country because it is that much familiar to everyone. We can make different tasty dishes with the combination of both vegetables and non-vegetables. So many people are using potato juices for weight loss, urinary infection and acidity. Now potato is cultivating in Kerala earlier it was cultivating in other states but everyone is interested to make potato in houses and they are trying to cultivate it if they have a little place. Potato dishes are using for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Potato chips, potato fritter and potato masala are the common tasty vegetarian dishes and potato chicken roast, beef potato, masala and fry are the common and tasty non vegetarian dishes of potato. If we use potato with non-vegetarian items its quantity and taste will increase. Here, I have made very simple yellow colour potato curry. This curry is very tasty and it can make very easily. Mainly I am using this as the side dish with appam for breakfast. It is suitable with chapati also but appam is better combination with this curry. It is spicy less curry and it is the easy recipe for breakfast. This recipe is very helpful for those who are very busy with works. This curry will have the mixed flavour of cumin seeds and green chilli and also have the smell of coconut oil and fried shallots. To get more taste we have to mash potato but Here I didn't get good quality potato so I couldn't mash it well so its taste and thickness is less comparing other curries. Potato is my favourite item so I would like to have any dish with potato.
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
Decoration - Fried shallots and fried red chilli
Potato - 3
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Onion - 2
Chopped Green Chilli - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Pepper Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Dried Red Chilli - 2
Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To taste
Water - As Required
- Remove the peel of potato and wash it well and cut it as cube shaped pieces.
- In grinder, add grated coconut, turmeric powder, chopped green chilli, cumin seeds, pepper powder, little curry leaves, salt and add a little water and make it paste.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- To this add chopped shallots, chopped ginger, curry leaves and dried red chillies and fry it well.
- To this add sliced Onion and stir well for some times.
- Then add pasted coconut mixture and stir well for remove raw smell.
- Then add potato cubes to this and mix well.
- Then add salt and water as required.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well and make it thick.
- Then mash it and mix well and turn off the fire.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and decorate with fried shallots and fried red chillies and serve it with appam.
- To get more taste and smell cook it in coconut milk instead of water.