Prawns dishes are my favourite items especially with raw mango. Dried prawns and raw mango are super combination to make curry. Dried prawns mango curry can make spicy, medium spicy and spicy less based on our preferences. It is very simple and easy method to make at home. It is completely natural and traditional dish and traditional dish and it will have variety taste comparing other non-vegetarian dishes. Fresh prawn is very tasty but also dried prawns also have good and verity taste. Here, I used only natural and traditional ingredients which are available in my home. We need not to use more ingredients to make this dish. It is medium spicy dish and also has the sour and salt taste. It has the mixed flavour and smell of Ginger, Garlic and Fenugreek Seeds. Coconut paste is giving good taste and thickness to this dish. You can serve it as the side dish with Chapati and Hot plain Rice. I would like to have this with hot Plain Rice for lunch. It is completely healthy dish because we have used very less quantity of Coconut Oil to make this. Let us enjoy with this tasty traditional Prawn dish.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Dried Prawns - 150 GM
Raw Mango - 1
Chopped Shallots - 1/2 cup
Chopped Ginger - 1/2 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Fenugreek Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required
- In a pan, put dried prawns and roast it well under low flame.
- Then remove the head and tail of it and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel of raw mango and cut it as small pieces and keep it aside.
- In a grinder, add grated coconut, some curry leaves, salt and pour little water and make it fine paste and keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Then add fenugreek seeds and fry it.
- To this add chopped ginger, chopped garlic and fry it.
- Then add chopped shallots and curry leaves and stir well for some times.
- Turn down the fire and add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder and stir well until remove raw taste.
- To this add coconut paste and stir well.
- Then add raw mango pieces and salt and mix well.
- Then pour water as required and cover the pan with lid.
- Then add roasted dried prawns and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid again and cook well and make it thick.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot rice.
- We need not to add more masala powders and salt to this dried prawn curry. If we use more masala powder its taste will change.
- You can make it with coconut milk instead of coconut paste.
- You can use onion instead of shallots.
- You can add cumin seeds if you like this flavour.
- You can use roared dried prawns to make any dishes.