Prawn dishes are very tasty and favourite item for non-vegetarians especially those who likes fishes very much. But someone will have allergic problem if they have prawns dishes. Fresh prawns will have more taste but dried prawns also tasty. I am facing difficulty to get fresh prawns so usually I am using dried prawns to make dishes. We can make a lot of variety tasty dishes by using prawns. Prawns chutney, prawns masala and prawns pickle are the common and tasty dishes of prawns. Here, I made very spicy and tasty prawns curry. I used a traditional method to make this curry so its taste is really amazing. We need not add more ingredients to make this. I used Gambooge to get sour taste. Coconut paste gives creamy effect to this curry. Prawn and garlic are very good combination and it has garlic flavour. It can use as the side dish with hot rice, mashed tapioca and mashed jackfruit. I like the smell of this curry because it is really nice. Dry prawns will last for long terms so that we can make dishes whenever we need. I like this curry as the side dish with hot plain Rice for Lunch. Let us enjoy with this special spicy dish.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 25 minutes
Decoration - Curry Leaves
Dried Prawns - 1 cup
Chopped Garlic - 1/2 teaspoon
Onion - 1
Green Chilli - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
Gambooge - 2 pieces
Coconut Oil - 1 Tab Spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To taste
Water - As Required.
- Wash dried prawns well and put it in a pan.
- Roast it well under medium flame until brown colour.
- Then remove the head and tail of prawns and keep it aside.
- In a grinder, put sliced onion, chopped green chilli, grated coconut, some curry leaves, salt and pour little water and make it paste and keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- To this add chopped garlic and chopped shallots and fry it.
- Then add curry leaves and stir well.
- Turn down the fire and add turmeric powder and red chilli powder and stir well for some times.
- Then add pasted coconut mixture and stir well to remove raw smell.
- Pour water as required and add salt and mix well.
- Then add washed pieces of gambooge and mix well.
- Then add roasted prawns to this and mix it.
- Cover the pan with lid and boil it well under high flame.
- Then turn down the fire and cook it well.
- Make it thick and turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl.
- Decorate it with fresh curry leaves and serve it with hot rice.
- You can add ginger to make this curry.
- Add a little coriander powder to get more taste.
|Dried Prawns Spicy Curry|