Fish is highly demanded non vegetarian item and favourite to everyone. Fishes are entirely different from chicken, mutton and beef. South Indians are mainly using fish dishes and they are not interested to have lunch without fish. Fish market will be very crowded and busy every day. Different types of fishes are available with different prices. Fish dishes are available in every hotels or restaurants. We can make different tasty dishes with fishes such as Fish curry, Fish masala, Fish fry and traditional fish dishes. fish dishes are very much costly items in hotels but everyone is ready to buy it at any cost. We can make variety natural dishes in our houses by using different ingredients and methods. Usually we are using Mackerel fish, Sardine fish and king Fish in our houses. Every fish dish is tasty and very good to use as the side dish for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Here, I made one variety fish fry which is fried in Banana Leaf. I think so many people tasted it because it is that much popular and famous dish. It is completely a traditional Kerala style dish and it is highly demanded item in some places. It is not that much simple recipe but we can make if we are ready to spend some time for this. Banana Leaf will give a special flavour and smell of this fish fry and its taste is entirely different from other fish fry. We need not to add more Coconut oil to make this so it will be healthy dish. We can make this fry with any types of fish and it is super combination with hot plain Rice. Let us have a great lunch with this tasty fish fry.
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
Mackerel Fish - 2
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Onion - 1/2 cup
Chopped Tomato - 1/4 cup
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tab spoon
Coriander Powder - 2 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Lemon Juice - 1 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 2 tab spoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To taste
Water - As Required
Banana Leaf - 2 Pieces
- Clean mackerel fish well and wash well and cut it into two pieces and make slits on both sides and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, put turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder, salt and lime juice and mix well.
- Marinate the fish with this masala paste.
- In a pan, pour 1 tab spoon coconut oil and put fish and fry little both sides.
- In another pan, pour remaining coconut oil and heat well.
- Then add chopped ginger and chopped garlic and fry it well.
- Then add curry leaves, chopped onion and chopped tomato and stir well for some times.
- Then add red chilli powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder and salt and stir well until get a good smell.
- Add this mixture into a mixer and pour little water and make it thick paste.
- Take one banana leaf piece and put some masala on this and put fish on the masala and put remaining masala on fishes.
- Cover it with another banana piece and fold it well and tie it with thread.
- In a pan, pour coconut oil and add banana leaf fish into this and cook it both sides well and fry.
- Open the leaf and serve fish with masala with appam and rice.