Mixed vegetable stir fries will be very tasty always. If we use only one vegetable to make curries it will have only one flavour and taste but if we use more than one tasty vegetable it will have different flavour and taste. Mixing vegetables is helping us to increase the taste, look more attractive and increase the quantity. Green gram is very tasty item and we are making curry by using this alone. Green gram stir fry and masala curry are the tasty common dishes of green gram. Green gram is protein rich item and it is using as daily basis from breakfast to dinner. Old people were using banana and banana stem to improve their health because it contains fibers. Banana stem is looking very attractive with white colour and lengthy. We can make different dishes with banana stem. Here, I made very tasty banana stem and green gram stir fry. I am sure it is very beneficial to health and we can make it in very less time. It is completely a traditional dish and it can use as the side dish with rice for lunch and dinner. It will be a variety stir fry to serve guests. It is medium spicy stir fry so children can also use this and we can give them for lunch when they go to school. This stir fry has the mixed traditional taste of garlic, coconut oil and coconut. This is very helpful to improve digestion process of human body.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Decoration - Curry Leaves
Green Gram - 1 cup
Chopped Banana Stem - 1 cup
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Onion - 2
Green chilli - 4
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To taste
Water - As required.
- Sock green gram in water for overnight to become soft.
- Wash it well next day and put it in a pressure cooker and pour water as required and salt and cook it well and keep it aside.
- In a grinder, add chopped onion, green chilli, turmeric powder, grated coconut, some curry leaves and salt and crush it.
- In a pan, put chopped banana stem, add crushed mixture and pour water as required and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well and stir occasionally.
- In another pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- To this add chopped garlic, chopped shallots and curry leaves and fry it.
- Turn down the fire and add pepper powder and mix well.
- Then add cooked banana stem and stir well.
- Then add cooked green gram and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it for 2 minutes under low flame.
- Turn off the fire when it cook well and mix together.
- Put it in a serving bowl and decorate with curry leaves and serve with hot rice.
- To get more taste and smell add cumin seeds.