"Payasam" this name is very famous and familiar to everybody. Earlier I have given the recipe of different tasty payasam. Today, I would like to share another tasty and variety jackfruit seed payasam recipe. I know that this name is very new to some people and some others are thinking that how to use jackfruit seeds are using to make payasam. The important fact is that we can use anything to make payasam. Payasam is the main sweet dessert in South India and North India. Keralites can't avoid payasam for Onam and vishu festivals and we were celebrating this method from long years ago and now also we are following the same method. We are celebrating Onam for 10 days so that we are making different payasam for 10 days. Everybody is trying to get new and tasty payasam recipe. In Hindu wedding celebrations, making different types of payasam and we can't avoid it at that time. They are preparing 4 or 5 types of payasam if they are celebrating grant and big functions. Every payasam will be very sweet and tasty. In my houses, we are making different types of payasam. Mango payasam, papaya payasam, vermicelli payasam and milk payasam are my favourite payasam. We can use any fruits and vegetables to make this dessert. Jackfruit seed payasam is also very sweet and tasty. It is very familiar in some places but very less people know about it. It will have a creamy effect because I used well-cooked jackfruit seeds. It can use both hot and cold and it can serve to guests. It has the flavours of cumin seeds powder and cardamom powder. Jackfruit seeds are very healthy because it contains antioxidants. It helps to increase the skin glow and reduces wrinkles and also helps to improve the digestion process. It can make very easily with limited ingredients. I would like to have all payasam with hot. I used natural jackfruit seeds to make this payasam. Everyone has to try this new and variety payasam.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
Decoration - Fried Raisins
Jackfruit Seeds - 25
Jaggery Syrup - 1 1/2 cup
Medium Thick Coconut Milk - 1 1/2 cup
Thick Coconut Milk - 1/2 cup
Cumin Seeds Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Cardamom Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Ghee - 1 teaspoon
Raisins - 10
Salt - 1 Pinch
- Remove the peel of jackfruit seeds and wash it well and put it in a pressure cooker.
- Pour water as required and cover it with lid and cook it well.
- Then put it in a grinder and make it paste and keep it aside.
- In a pan, put this jackfruit seeds paste and pour jaggery Syrup to this and mix well.
- Then add medium thick coconut milk when it starts to boil and stir well.
- Make it thick and pour thick coconut oil and mix well.
- To this add cumin seeds powder, cardamom powder and salt and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and keep it aside.
- In another pan, heat ghee and add raisins and fry it.
- Add this into payasam and mix well and transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it hot.