Beef pepper fry is very tasty fry and beef and pepper are super combination. Beef dishes are very tasty and we can get beef pepper fry in small hotels and big hotels but they all are using different method to make this fry. Now a days it became a special side dish for Christian wedding celebrations in some places and they will add fried coconut slices to this and this is really good combination with beef. Beef is favourite item for non-vegetarians especially Keralites. Beef will be very tasty if we make any dish with this. I have made a lot of variety tasty beef dishes but I can't say which is better because every dish will have its own taste and specialty. Beef pepper fry has an amazing taste, I got this recipe from my grandmother. She had made this in my house when she came and it was really tasty and everyone in my family like this very much so she given full details about this. I tried this fry in my grandmother house with her help first time and I got experience from there. It is very spicy fry and its main flavour is pepper fry flavour. It is entirely different from other fries and it has the mixed taste of cumin seeds powder, fennel powder and garam masala powder. It can make very easily with limited ingredients. If we have lunch with this fry and sambar then its taste will increase. I like this combination very much. It can use with chapati and mashed tapioca as per our preferences.
Cooking Time - 25 minutes
Beef - 1/2 kg
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Onion - 2
Chopped Green chilli - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 2 teaspoon
Cinnamon Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Fennel Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Vinegar - 1 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 3 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To taste
- Wash beef well and cut it as small and thin pieces and put it in a pot.
- To this add turmeric powder, black pepper powder, cinnamon powder, fennel powder, salt and vinegar and marinate well and leave it for 10 minutes to set well.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and add beef pieces and make shallow fry on both sides.
- Keep fried pieces in aside.
- In the same pan, pour remaining coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Then add chopped ginger and chopped garlic and fry it.
- Then add sliced onion and salt and stir well until brown colour.
- Then add fried beef pieces and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it for some times under low flame.
- Then add garam masala powder and mix well and turn off the fire.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot rice.
- You can use lemon juice instead of vinegar.