Raw Banana Stir fry is one of the famous and tasty dish. We know about different types of stir fry such as potato stir fry, long beans stir fry, beetroot stir fry and carrot stir fry. Raw banana stir fry is very famous and special dish for Onam celebration in Kerala. We can make different tasty dishes by using raw banana. Raw Banana chips are very tasty and popular snack in everywhere. Raw banana has been cultivating in Kerala for business and homely needs. It will be available in market but its price will be change based on demands. Banana contains a lot of fiber and also contains vitamins and minerals. Raw banana stir fry is completely a traditional Kerala dish. This stir fry is very good to human health. Raw banana helps to reduce sugar, cholesterol and weight. We can make very tasty stir fry by using raw banana peel and also we can make pickle. Raw banana dishes are very tasty and healthy. Raw banana stir fry is my favourite dish which I am using as the side dish with hot rice for lunch. To get the real or exact taste of this stir fry we need not to overcook banana and its taste will change if it is over cooked. I used natural ingredients to make this traditional dish and it is little bit spicy dish. I like pepper powder flavour so I used black pepper powder with red chilli powder to get more spicy. It is an excellent combination with hot rice and we need not to use any side dish with hot rice if we have this tasty stir fry. Different people are making this stir fry in different ways so everyone can try this method and it is very easy. Its main tastes are garlic and garam masala powder. It doesn't contain any chemicals and I made it in pure and natural coconut oil. It is looking very attractive and also very tasty to have as the side dish for lunch.
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
Raw Banana - 2
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Onion - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required
- Remove the peel of raw banana and cut it as thin and length wice and wash it well and keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- To this add chopped garlic and fry it.
- Then add chopped shallots and fry it.
- Then add curry leaves and stir well.
- Then add sliced onion to this and stir well for some times.
- Turn down the fire and add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and black pepper powder and stir well.
- To this add raw banana pieces and add salt and mix well.
- Pour water as required and cover the pan with lid and cook it well under low flame.
- Add garam masala powder when water evaporates completely and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and put it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot rice.
- Banana should not overcook so take care while cooking it.
- You can add fennel powder to get more taste.
- To get more taste you can add red chilli flakes instead of red chilli powder.
- Don't pour water too much to cook banana, pour required water to cook banana well.