Beef is very tasty and one of my favourite non vegetarian item. I would like to have spicy non vegetarian dishes so I am very much interested to try different spicy dishes. We can use different method to make spicy beef curry. We are making it coconut paste and coconut milk. Beef dishes are very tasty if we follow any method. Beef dishes are available in hotels and restaurants. It can use with any combinations like appam, bread, chapati, rice, ghee rice, mashed tapioca, porotta and mashed jackfruit. My favourite combination is mashed tapioca with spicy beef curry and it is the favourite combination for traditional Christian families so usually we are making this curry on Sundays. This combination can use as breakfast and dinner or in the evening special dish. It is very special beef curry and its gravy is very thick and very spicy. It has the smell of cumin seeds and mixed flavour of ginger, garlic, cinnamon, cloves and cumin seeds. This curry is having a great smell while cooking and that is providing tendency to have food. I used coconut paste and coconut oil to get more taste and it will be very special dish for guests. I made this curry by my own ingredients and it was my first attempt and it became successful. We will get the real taste of this curry if we use it with hot.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
Decoration - Curry Leaves and Bird's Eye Chilli
Beef - 500 gm
Ginger Paste - 1 teaspoon
Garlic Paste - 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon Sticks - 2
Cloves - 2
Cardamom - 3
Onion - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Bird's Eye Chilli Paste - 1 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 3 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- Wash beef well and cut it as small pieces and put it in a pressure cooker.
- To this add turmeric powder, salt and pour water as required and mix well.
- Then cover the pressure cooker with lid and cook it until one whistle.
- In a grinder, add grated coconut, cumin seeds, bird's eye chilli paste, black pepper powder, coriander powder, some curry leaves, salt and pour a little water and make it paste and keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Then add cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamom and fry it.
- To this add chopped shallots, ginger paste, garlic paste and curry leaves and stir well until brown colour.
- Then add sliced onion to this and add salt and stir well for some times.
- Then add coconut paste mixture and stir well for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Then add half cooked beef to this and mix well.
- Pour water as required and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well under low flame.
- Make it thick gravy and stir well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl and decorate with curry leaves and bird's eye chilli and serve it with hot rice or mashed tapioca.
- To get more taste use green chilli and cook it in coconut milk.
|Spicy Beef In Coconut Gravy|