Everyone is very familiar with tomato and it is very attractive with red colour. Tomato contains vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin K. It also contains nutrients and anti-oxidants and it is very good to health. Tomato can help to reduce hyper tension, sugar and cholesterol. You can use tomato juice without its seeds on daily basis to get skin glow and ageing problems. It is cultivating in houses and we need not to take more care for this vegetable. It will be available in everywhere at any season. Its price will be changing day by day. It is very popular and using to make different vegetarian dishes. It is mainly using with vegetable masala curry, beef curry, chicken curry and fish dishes. Tomato dishes are really very tasty. Today I have made north Indians style sweet and spicy tomato stir fry. It is very tasty because it has the mixed taste of sour, sweet and spicy. To get more taste I used roasted dried red chilli paste. Its main ingredients are tomato and onion and its main flavour is cumin seeds powder. To get exact taste of all ingredients I used refined oil. I like this dish very much and I tasted it from restaurant first time and I tried it based on its taste and I got real taste of that stir fry. So I tried it so many times in my house and it is super combination with chapati. It is very good vegetarian recipe and it can use at any time and it is very easy and simple recipe.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Tomato - 5
Onion - 2
Green Chilli - 3
Ginger Paste - 1/2 teaspoon
Garlic Paste - 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Dried Red Chilli - 4
Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Sauce - 1/2 teaspoon
Tomato Sauce - 1/2 teaspoon
Sugar - 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Refined Oil - 2 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Lime Juice - 1 teaspoon
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required
- Wash tomato well and cut it as thin and lengthy and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel of onion and cut it as thin and lengthy and keep it aside.
- In a pan, pour refined oil and heat it well.
- To this add dried red chilli and fry it.
- Put it in a grinder and pour a little water and make it fine paste.
- In another pan, pour remaining refined oil and heat it well and splutter mustard seeds.
- To this add ginger paste and garlic paste and fry it.
- Turn down the fire and add turmeric powder and black pepper powder and stir well.
- To this add sliced tomato, onion and green chilli and stir well for some times.
- Then add dried red chilli paste and mix well.
- Pour water as required and cover it with lid and cook it under low flame. (Don't overcook both tomato and onion)
- Add red chilli sauce and tomato sauce when water evaporates completely and mix well.
- Then add sugar and lime juice and mix well.
- Then add cumin seeds powder and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl.
- Serve it with chapati, appam and dosa.
- Don't pour too much water to cook tomato and onion because its taste will change if it is over cooked.
- You can use vinegar instead of lime juice.
- To get more tasty and healthy stir fry use honey instead of sugar.
- You can use roasted cumin seeds instead of cumin seeds powder.