Pork dishes are very tasty whatever we make with this and it became very popular recently. We are using pork dishes are the main dishes for celebrations especially Christian Wedding Celebrations. We all are using different non-vegetarian items such as Beef, Chicken and fishes but Pork taste is entirely different from that. These dishes are available in hotels now a day but some people are not using this dishes especially Muslims. Its meat is very soft and it contains fat which is giving good taste to this. We can make different dishes with pork. pork masala, Pork Curry, Pork fry and pork Biriyani are the main common dishes of Pork.
Today I made very tasty and spicy Pork Roast and we will get a good feeling when we have it. Non-vegetarian dishes should be spicy to get good taste so I made it little bit spicy. This is very simple and easy recipe and we can cook it in a pressure cooker to save cooking time. It has the mixed flavour and smell of Fennel Seeds Powder and Black Pepper Powder. You can serve it with any types of foods as the combination and my favourite combination with hot plain Rice. It is completely traditional dish with amazing taste.
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
Pork - 250 GM
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Onion - 1
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 1 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1/4 cup
Tomato - 1
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- Cut pork as small pieces and wash it well for 3 or 4 times and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel of onion and slice it small and keep it aside.
- In a grinder, add grated coconut, tomato and pour a little water and make it paste and keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker, add pork pieces, chopped ginger, chopped garlic,chopped onion, coconut tomato paste, turmeric powder,red chilli powder, black pepper powder, coriander powder,curry leaves and salt and mix it well with hands.
- To this pour water as required and cover the pressure cooker with lid and cook it well.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds when it heats well.
- To this add chopped shallots and fry it.
- Add curry leaves and stir well.
- To this add cooked pork and mix well.
- Roast it well until water evaporates well and thick.
- Then add fennel seeds powder and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl.
- Serve it with hot rice, appam and chapati.
- You can use garam masala powder instead of using fennel seeds powder.
- To get more taste use coconut milk instead of using water.
- You can use only Shallots instead of using onion.
- You can use 1 teaspoon lime juice if you don't have tomato.
- Cook pork well before using it.