Breakfast is important to each and every one and health is determined by based on breakfast. If we don't have breakfast, we won't get energy and it won't come if we have any food without breakfast. Breakfast is essential for human body. It helps to provide more energy and improve the process of brain. But today world everyone is very much busy with some other works so that almost everyone is avoiding breakfast. So our health is becoming weak day by day so we have to spend more money for medicines. We should not avoid breakfast at any cost. If we avoid breakfast, sugar and cholesterol levels are increasing. Breakfast should be healthy and we are preparing different dishes for breakfast. Usually we are making idly with chutney and sambar, dosa and chutney, appam and green peas Curry or any non-vegetarian dishes such as appam with chicken curry, beef curry, mashed tapioca and beef curry or chicken curry or fish curry. Upma is also very healthy breakfast and it can make by using different tasty ingredients. Different types of upma are available. Wheat upma, oats upma, different vegetables and non-vegetables mixed upma are the common upma dishes. We can use any combination to make upma but here I made very easy and familiar rava upma which everyone knows. It is very easy recipe and also very tasty to have. It contains a lot of health benefits. It can use it with any combination whatever we need. If we don't have curries we can use it with banana and it is my favourite combination. We can make different dishes by using Semolina flour but we are first remembering upma. To get the exact taste and softness we have to add enough water to roast it well and we have to put rava Powder little by little and stir it properly. This breakfast is very good to everyone including children so start a day with this healthy breakfast.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
Decoration - Fried Curry Leaves
Semolina Flour (Rava Powder) - 1 cup
Chopped Ginger - 1/4 teaspoon
Chopped Green Chilli - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Onion - 1/4 cup
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Ghee - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seed - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Lime Juice - 1/4 teaspoon
Water - 2 cups
Salt - To Taste
- In a pan, put Semolina flour and roast it until light brown colour under medium flame and put it in another pot and keep it aside.
- Pour ghee in the same pan and heat it well and splutter mustard seeds.
- To this add chopped ginger and chopped green chilli and stir well.
- Then add chopped onion and stir well.
- Then add curry leaves and stir well.
- Turn down the fire and add turmeric powder, pour water and salt.
- Add Semolina flour little by little when it starts to boil and stir well by using wooden ladle.
- Stir it well until water evaporates completely and make it like powder.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and decorate with curry leaves and serve it.
- You can make it without turmeric powder.
- You can add carrot, beans, cabbage, dates and banana pieces if you want more taste.