Today, I decided to make one vegetarian dish with masala flavour. I made this tasty dish with natural and healthy Banana Stem which was there in my home. This is completely a tasty vegetarian dish. It can be made very easily with limited ingredients. This is little bit spicy dish and I made and shared many dishes with Banana Stem. Banana Stem contains Fibers so it is very good to use on daily basis. Fiber content vegetables are there but we can get Banana Stem very easily from home. It can store for long terms and it is also available in supermarkets also. I used natural and healthy Banana Stem here so this dish is completely healthy. To increase the taste of this dish I used Coconut Milk for cooking instead Water. Its masala contains the flavour and smell of Cinnamon Powder, Cardamom Powder and Fennel Seeds Powder. This masala stir fry is entirely different from others and it should not be overcooked and mashed. This recipe will be very useful to anyone who needs to learn cooking. It can serve when unexpected guests come home. So many are wasting this Banana Stem without knowing its health benefits. Don't waste Banana Stem now onward and make tasty dishes from this to get good health. I am really happy to share this tasty dish to all. Enjoy with this natural, tasty and healthy dish.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Decoration - Curry Leaves
Banana Stem Cubes - 1 cup
Chopped Shallots - 1/2 cup
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Cinnamon Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Coconut Milk - 1/2 cup
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required
- Cut banana stem round shape and cut it as cubes and wash it well.
- In a pan, add banana cubes, chopped shallots, chopped garlic, salt, coconut milk and pour a little water.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well but don't overcook it.
- Turn off the fire when water evaporates completely.
- In another pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Turn down the fire and add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and black pepper powder and stir well.
- To this add cooked banana stem and mix well.
- Add cardamom powder, cinnamon powder and fennel seeds powder when it fry as required and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and put it in a serving bowl.
- Decorate it with some curry leaves and serve it with hot rice.
- You can remove its projected fibers if you cut it as round shape.
- If you bought banana stem from shop sock it in salt water for some times before using.
- You can use onion instead of using shallots.
- To get more taste add fried dried red chilli paste.
- You can cook it in coconut milk instead of water.
- You can use cumin seeds powder instead of using fennel seeds powder.